National Register of Historic Places listings in Newton County, Texas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Newton County, Texas.
This is intended to be a complete list of properties listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Newton County, Texas. There are six properties listed on the National Register in the county. Two are Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks including one that is also a State Antiquities Landmark.
The locations of National Register properties may be seen in a mapping service provided.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Autrey-Williams House||January 29, 2013
|717 North St.||Newton||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|2||Burr's Ferry Bridge||May 18, 1998
|TX 63 & LA 8 at Sabine River||Burkeville||Extends into Vernon Parish, Louisiana|
|3||Deweyville Swing Bridge||June 8, 2011
|TX 12 & LA 12 at Sabine River||Deweyville||Historic Bridges of Texas, 1866-1945 MPS, extends into Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana|
|4||Newton County Courthouse||July 19, 1979
|Off U.S. Route 190||Newton||State Antiquities Landmark, Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|5||Addie L. and A.T. Odom Homestead||April 10, 2012
|194 County Road 1040||Burkeville|
|6||West Log House||December 13, 1979
|Northeast of Salem||Salem|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Texas
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks in Newton County
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 20, 2020.
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- Numbers represent an alphabetical ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
Media related to National Register of Historic Places in Newton County, Texas at Wikimedia Commons