National Register of Historic Places listings in Wayne County, Ohio
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Wayne County, Ohio.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Wayne County, Ohio, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 18 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||James Akey Farm||December 22, 1978
|North of Brenneman Rd., southeast of Mt. Eaton||Paint Township||Also known as the Starks Wilderness Center Pioneer Farm|
|2||Ault-Weygandt Farm||January 14, 2002
|15090 Back Massillon Rd., northeast of Orrville||Baughman Township|
|3||Barnet-Hoover Log House||August 13, 1974
|Northwest of downtown Orrville||Orrville|
|4||Gen. Reasin Beall House||June 7, 1976
|546 E. Bowman St.||Wooster|
|5||College of Wooster||February 25, 1980
|State Route 3||Wooster|
|6||Deerlick Farm||June 20, 1986
|7482 Britton Rd., east of West Salem||Congress Township|
|7||Charles Gasche House||January 13, 1989
|340 Bever St.||Wooster|
|8||Gertenslager Carriage and Wagon Company||February 13, 1986
|572 E. Liberty St.||Wooster|
|9||Green Township High School||September 4, 2013
|484 E. Main St.||Smithville||Demolished in 2014|
|10||Kister Mill||July 10, 1974
|Junction of Township Roads 34 and 228 at Millbrook||Clinton Township|
|11||Liggett-Freedlander House||July 22, 1994
|408 N. Bever St.||Wooster|
|12||John McSweeney House||July 30, 1974
|531 N. Market St.||Wooster|
|13||Old Wayne County Jail||April 29, 1982
|W. North St.||Wooster|
|14||Orrville Downtown Historic District||June 15, 2011
|Market St. roughly between High & Main||Orrville|
|15||Overholt House||December 6, 1983
|1473 Beall Ave.||Wooster|
|16||Walnut Street School||March 1, 1984
|237 S. Walnut St.||Wooster|
|17||Wayne County Courthouse District||July 26, 1973
|Liberty and Market Sts.||Wooster|
|18||Ezekiel B. Zimmerman Octagon House||May 28, 1975
|Northwest of Marshallville on State Route 57||Chippewa Township|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Wayne County, Ohio.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 18, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from this map, showing this as the only Wilderness Center location near Mount Eaton. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".
- Doohan, Thomas (May 27, 2014). "Greene Middle School demolition moving forward". The Daily Record. Retrieved November 17, 2016.