Maksimović with Getafe in 2019
|Full name||Nemanja Maksimović|
|Date of birth||26 January 1995|
|Place of birth||Banja Koviljača, FR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position(s)||Defensive midfielder|
|Gučevo Banja Koviljača|
|2007–2013||Red Star Belgrade|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 July 2020|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17 November 2019
Nemanja Maksimović (Serbian Cyrillic: Немања Максимовић, pronounced [němaɲa maksǐːmoʋitɕ]; born 26 January 1995) is a Serbian professional footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder for Spanish club Getafe CF and the Serbian national team.
Born in Banja Koviljača, Maksimović played for Red Star Belgrade's youth selections up to under-19, but had his contract terminated. After his displays at the 2013 UEFA U19 Championship, he signed with Slovenian side Domžale. He made his professional debut on 18 October 2013 in a 2–2 draw with Zavrč.
On 7 February 2015, Maksimović signed a two-and-a-half-year contract with FC Astana of the Kazakhstan Premier League. On 27 August 2015, Maksimović scored the equalizing goal against APOEL in the second leg of the 2015–16 UEFA Champions League play-offs, which qualified Astana to their first ever Champions League group stage campaign.
On 2 July 2017, Valencia announced the signing of Maksimović on a contract until 2022. He made his debut for the club on 18 August, coming on as a late substitute for Carlos Soler in a 1–0 La Liga home win against UD Las Palmas.
Maksimović played for the Serbia U19 team that won the 2013 UEFA European Under-19 Championship. He was named to Serbia's U20 squad for the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand, scoring the winner with two minutes of extra time remaining in the final, beating Brazil 2–1 for Serbia's first international honour as an independent nation. Maksimović made his debut for Serbia on 23 March 2016, in a 1–0 defeat to Poland. In May 2018 he was named in Serbia’s preliminary squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, but he wasn't selected for the final squad.
- As of 19 May 2019
- As of 17 November 2019
|Serbia national team|
- "Zavrč – Domžale 2:2 – Prva liga Telekom Slovenije". prvaliga.si (in Slovenian). 18 October 2013. Retrieved 6 February 2020.
- В ФК Астана - чемпион Европы-2013 (in Russian). FC Astana official website. 7 February 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Petar Lazić (13 May 2017). "Hotsport.rs: HOTSPORT INTERVJU – NEMANJA MAKSIMOVIĆ: San mi se nije ostvario da igram za voljeni klub, a sada ću igrati protiv Mesija i Ronalda" (in Serbian). Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Maksimovic, new Valencia CF player until 2022". valenciacf.com. Valencia CF. 2 July 2017. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- "Este Valencia pinta bien" [This Valencia look good] (in Spanish). Marca. 18 August 2017. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "El Getafe se hace con Maksimovic" [Getafe signs Maksimovic] (in Spanish). Getafe CF. 16 July 2018. Retrieved 16 July 2018.
-  UEFA: Match Report - France 0-1 Serbia - August 1, 2013
- "Under-20 World Cup: Serbia beat Brazil in Auckland final". BBC Sport. 20 June 2015. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- Максимович дебютировал за Сербию. sports.kz (in Russian). Sports.KZ. 24 March 2016. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- Један тим, срцем свим – Младен Крстајић одабрао [One team, with all their hearts – Mladen Krstajić selects]. FSS.rs (in Serbian). Football Association of Serbia. 24 May 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "N. Maksimović". Soccerway.com. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "N. MAKSIMOVIĆ". Soccerway. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "Dodik odlikovao zlatne "orliće" poreklom iz Republike Srpske" [Dodik decorated golden "eagles" from Republika Srpska] (in Serbian). sport.blic.rs. 25 June 2015. Retrieved 2 September 2016.