New Jersey Jewish News
|Owner(s)||Jewish Week Media Group|
|Headquarters||901 Route 10|
Whippany, New Jersey, U.S.
The New Jersey Jewish News (NJJN) is a weekly newspaper.
Coverage and scope
In addition to other issues, it covers local, national, and world events; Jewish culture and the arts; and Jewish holidays, celebrations, and other topics of interest. It is among the largest Jewish newspapers in the United States, and the largest-circulation weekly newspaper in New Jersey. NJJN publishes five editions, and reaches 24,000 households.
The newspaper was founded in 1946 as The Jewish News. Merging in 1947 with the Jewish Times of Newark, it kept the Jewish News name. In 1988, it was renamed the MetroWest Jewish News. In 1997, it acquired The Jewish Horizon of Union and Somerset counties, changed its name to the New Jersey Jewish News, and focused on Jewish issues in New Jersey. In 1998, the newspaper acquired the Jewish Reporter.
- "NEW JERSEY JEWISH NEWS. Date: Thursday March 20, 2014. Circulation: 24,000" (PDF).
- "About New Jersey Jewish News". New Jersey Jewish News.
- Randall Herbert Balmer; Mark Silk (2006). Religion and public life in the Middle Atlantic region: the fount of diversity. Retrieved July 5, 2010.
- Hasia R. Diner (2009). We remember with reverence and love: American Jews and the myth of silence after the Holocaust, 1945–1962. NYU Press. Retrieved July 5, 2010.
- Alvin A. Rosenfeld, Nicole Wise, Robert Coles, M.D. (2001). The Over-Scheduled Child: Avoiding the Hyper-Parenting Trap. Retrieved July 5, 2010.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Robert Singerman (2001). Jewish serials of the world: a supplement to the research bibliography of secondary sources. Retrieved July 5, 2010.
- Sam Pizzigati (2004). Greed and good: understanding and overcoming the inequality that limits our lives. Retrieved July 5, 2010.
- Hiperescolarizacion de los ninos, la. Las actividades extraescolares, una presion anadida para tus. 2002. Retrieved July 5, 2010.
- Report, Staff. "Jewish Week Media Group To Publish N.J. Jewish News". Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- New Jersey Jewish News website
- New Jersey Jewish News: zero to sixty: a special 60th enniversary issue, 1947–2007, New Jersey Jewish News, 2007
- The source: the guide to Jewish living in MetroWest, New Jersey Jewish News, 2004
- One hundred years: a Jewish life in New Jersey, New Jersey Jewish News, 1999