St Michael and All Angels Church, Newton
|Population||5,750 (2001 Census)|
|OS grid reference|
|• London||181 mi (291 km) SE|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|ISO 3166 code||GB-WRL|
Newton consists of a village hall, post office, public house and a general store. The local park, aptly named Newton Park, has a football pitch, outdoor basketball courts and a playground for children. Wirral Council also has several allotments in Newton that are provided for residents to grow their own vegetables and plants.
Newton was previously combined with the hamlet of Larton as Newton-cum-Larton, part of West Kirby parish of the Wirral Hundred in the county of Cheshire. Its population was 49 in 1801 and 44 in 1851.
- Mortimer, William Williams (1847). The History of the Hundred of Wirral. London: Whittaker & Co. p.274.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Newton, Merseyside.|