This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Viergever with Ajax Amsterdam
|Date of birth||3 August 1989|
|Place of birth||Capelle aan den IJssel, Netherlands|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:01, 10 March 2019(UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 10 June 2018 (UTC)
2008–2010: Sparta Rotterdam
2010–2014: AZ Alkmaar
In the summer of 2010, Viergever moved to AZ. He was named as vice-captain behind Maarten Martens at the beginning of the 2012–13 season, after Niklas Moisander and Rasmus Elm had left the club. With Martens ruled out through a long-term injury, Viergever skippered AZ for the most of the season.
On 24 May 2014, it was announced that Viergever had signed a four-year contract with Ajax. Viergever scored an important goal for Ajax against FC Schalke 04 in the quarter-finals of the UEFA Europa League. After a 2–0 victory in the first leg in Amsterdam Viergever saw his team trailing with 3–0 in the away game in Gelsenkirchen before hitting the net in 110th minute of extra time, sending his club to the semi-finals on away goals for the first time in over twenty years.
On 2 May 2018, Viergever signed a contract with PSV Eindhoven on a free transfer. Viergever said he understood the controversy with the move to Ajax arch rivals, however expressed his delight with signing with the Eredivisie champions.
On 7 May 2012, Viergever was one of nine uncapped players named in the provisional list of 36 players for the Euro 2012 tournament by Netherlands manager Bert van Marwijk. He did not make the final cut. On 15 August 2012, Viergever made his debut under new manager Louis van Gaal in the 4–2 away loss to Belgium in a friendly match.
- Statistics accurate as of last match played on 12 May 2017.
Statistics accurate as of last match played on 28 March 2017
|Dutch national team|
- "Nick Viergever". Ajax.nl. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- Viergever in isolation: [ˈviːrɣeːvər].
- "'Ajax onderneemt snel actie en legt Viergever voor vier seizoenen vast'". www.voetbalprimeur.nl. Voetbalprimeur. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "'Highlights: See how Ajax dramatically denied Schalke'". www.uefa.com. UEFA. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "'Viergever per ingang van komend seizoen PSV'er'". Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "2016/17: United win it for Manchester". UEFA. 30 May 2017.