North Korea Tech
North Korea Tech is a San Francisco-based blog authored by Martyn Williams which covers consumer electronics and technology developments in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. According to Williams, he was inspired to start the blog after a 15-year stint as a Tokyo-based correspondent for IDG News Service during which he became interested in the "knowledge and prosperity gap between North and South Korea."
The site has broken stories about North Korean cell phones, internet domains, and online TV services and has been cited by Agence France Press, Vice Magazine, and Tech Crunch, among others.
- "North Korea Tech". nknews.org. NK News. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "About North Korea Tech". northkoreatech.org. North Korea Tech. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "North Korea unveils 'secure, homemade' smartphone". smh.com.au. Sydney Morning Herald. 14 August 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- Mead, Derek (2013). "Anonymous' Attack on North Korea Didn't Go As Well As Planned". vice.com. Vice. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- Shu, Catherine (26 March 2013). "North Korea Cuts Off 3G Access For Foreign Visitors Just Weeks After Allowing It". techcrunch.com. Tech Crunch. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "DDOS over, North Korea Tech is back".