聂拉木县 • གཉའ་ལམ་རྫོང་།
Location of Nyalam County within Tibet Autonomous Region
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Region||Tibet Autonomous Region|
|County seat||Nyalam Town|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
The land area of the county is 7,903 km2 (3,051 sq mi). The population as of 2003 was 10,000. The postal code for the county is 858300.
The county seat is in Nyalam Town.
The other town of the county is Dram, also known under its Tibetan name Dram, or Nepali Khasa. It is located near the border and is the point of entry from Nepal. At "merely" 2300 meters elevation about the sea level, Zhangmu has mild and humid subtropical climate, which is a rarity for Tibet.
Towns and townships
- Nyalam Town (གནའ་ལམ་, 聂拉木镇)
- Dram Town (འགྲམ་, 樟木镇)
- Yarlêb Township (ཡར་སླེབས་, 亚来乡)
- Zurco Township (ཟུར་མཚོ་, 琐作乡)
- Nailung Township (ནས་ལུང་, 乃龙乡)
- Mainpu Township (སྨན་ཕུ་, 门布乡)
- Borong Township (སྤོ་རོང་, 波绒乡)
- Department of Forestry, Government of the Tibet Autonomous Region, People’s Republic of China, ‘’Report on Protected Lands in the Tibet Autonomous Region’’ Lhasa: Tibet Autonomous Region Government Publishing House, 2006
- Zhangmu town tourist information
- Sara Shneiderman "Swapping Identities: Borderland exchanges along the Nepal-TAR frontier"
|This Tibet location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|