This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Online Advertising, Big Data|
|John Gentry (CEO), Tim Cadogan (Chairman and Co-founder), Jason Fairchild (Co-founder), Paul Ryan (CTO)|
|Products||Ad Server, Ad exchange, SSP|
Number of employees
OpenX Software Ltd., known as OpenX, is a programmatic advertising technology company. The company has developed an integrated technology platform that combines ad server and a real-time bidding (RTB) exchange with a standard supply-side platform (SSP) ensuring the highest real-time value for any trade. OpenX was founded in 2008 and has raised over $75 million from Accel, Index, Samsung, Dentsu, Mangrove Capital and others.
OpenX has offices in Pasadena (HQ), New York, Tokyo, London, and Kraków.
In September 2017, OpenX acquired two publisher tools, Mezzobit and PubNation.
After laying off "around 100 employees" in December 2018, the following month OpenX announced plans to move all on-premises workloads fully into the Google Cloud Platform by Q2 2019.
In January 2020, OpenX announced that CEO and co-founder Tim Cadogan was leaving to become the CEO of GoFundMe and that President John Gentry would step into the CEO role. This was followed in April by another round of layoffs where 15% of the company was affected.
- Sluis, Sarah (2020-04-28). "OpenX Cuts Staff, Hours And Executive Pay In Response To Reduced Marketer Spend". AdExchanger. Access Intelligence, LLC. Retrieved 2020-04-29.
OpenX said Tuesday it has laid off, furloughed or cut hours for 15% of its employees. Most of that percentage were layoffs and furloughs, and the number of people whose hours were cut was small, the company said.
- "OpenX | Crunchbase". Crunchbase. March 29, 2019.
- Jarvey, Natalie (2013-01-17). "OpenX Raises $22 Million for Mobile Expansion". Los Angeles Business Journal. Anna Magzanyan. Retrieved 2019-04-15.
OpenX was founded in 2008 as an ad exchange for buyers and sellers of web ads to make instant transactions.
- Sarno, David (31 May 2011). "OpenX, Web ad firm, raises $20 million, expects to be profitable within a year". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 31 May 2011.
- "OpenX Office Locations". OpenX. Retrieved 2019-04-15.
- "OpenX Acquires Mezzobit And PubNation To Sweeten Publisher Offering | AdExchanger". AdExchanger. 2017-09-25. Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- O'Reilly, Laura (2018-12-18). "Ad-Tech Company OpenX Lays Off Around 100 Staff". The Wall Street Journal. New York City: Dow Jones & Company. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
Ad-tech company OpenX...has laid off around 100 employees, the company confirmed Tuesday.
- Sluis, Sarah (2020-01-29). "OpenX CEO Tim Cadogan Departs For GoFundMe". Ad Exchanger. Access Intelligence, LLC. Retrieved 2020-02-02.
OpenX CEO Tim Cadogan is leaving after 12 years to become CEO of GoFundMe. OpenX President John Gentry, a seven-year vet at the company, will step into the CEO role.