Orange County Roller Derby
|Metro area||Huntington Beach, CA|
|Teams||Huntington Heartbreakers (travel team)|
|Venue||The Rinks, Huntington Beach (flat)|
Orange County Roller Derby or OC Roller Derby (OCRD) is a roller derby league based in Huntington Beach, California. Founded in 2006, the league currently consists of one travel team which competes against teams from other leagues, and one home team.
The league was founded in June 2006 by Heather Shelton, known as Disco Dervish. Early members included the Orange County District Attorney and, by April 2007, it had hosted three sold-out bouts. It joined the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) in January 2008, but became the first member to leave the organization, in March 2009.
In May 2011, OCRG began skating on a banked track, in addition to its flat track events. In June, it competed in the Battle on the Bank tournament. OCRG was a founding member of the Roller Derby Coalition of Leagues in January 2012.
- Carol Rojas, "OC Roller Girls: Hell on Wheels", Daily Titan, 12 April 2007
- Armov, Busta. "Angel City Squeezes OC Roller Girls 161-69". Derby News Network. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- Peggy Lowe, "OC Roller Girls: Girl power and profit", Orange County Register, 4 May 2011
- "Teams, Battle on the Bank IV
- "RDCL Founding Members and Mission Archived 2015-06-19 at the Wayback Machine", Roller Derby Coalition of Leagues]", January 1, 2012