Pacific East Mall
Tàipíngyáng dōng mǎěr
The main entrance to the mall
|Location||Richmond, California, United States|
|Developer||Pacific Infinity Co. Inc.|
|Owner||Regency Centers Corporation|
|No. of stores and services||52|
|No. of anchor tenants||1|
|No. of floors||2|
The mall opened in 1998 in Richmond's Richmond Annex neighborhood, directly adjacent to the borders of El Cerrito and Albany, at a former Breuner's location. The commercial center's largest tenant is a 99 Ranch Supermarket, and the rest of the mall is flanked by shops, restaurants, boutiques, and services such as tax and beauty, owned and operated by Asians, particularly Taiwanese, Japanese, and Korean. The Asian Pearl Seafood Restaurant is popular amongst family diners.
The mall is located along Pierce Street a frontage road that runs parallel to Interstate 80, near Interstate 580. The nearest major junction is at Central Avenue, allowing access to the two freeways and to San Pablo Avenue. AC Transit line 80 serves stops along both Pierce Street and Central Avenue, near the mall.
Cerrito Creek lies adjacent to Pacific East Mall, and runs through a portion of the parking lot. The president of Friends of Five Creeks, a local environmental organization, has criticized the mall management for allegedly allowing herbicide to spread into the creek area, mowing areas containing native plants, and failing to establish a remediation plan.
- Store directory map. PacificEastMall.net. Pacific East Mall website. 2011. Retrieved 24-01-2011.
- Pacific East Shopping Mall (English). PacificEastMall.net 2011. Retrieved 22-01-2011.
- Pacific East Mall (Splash page). PacificEastMall.net. Pacific East Mall website. 2011. Retrieved 24-01-2011.
- Richmond Neighborhoods Map. City of Richmond website. 2011. Retrieved 23-01-2011.
- Good things in small packages. San Francisco Chronicle. Amanda Gold. Photo caption for picture of Asian Pearl Seafood Restaurant taken by Craig Lee. 28-01-2009. Retrieved 23-01-2011.
- Google Maps. 2011. Retrieved 03-02-2011.
- Map of AC Transit services, version 37. AC Transit.20-08-2017. Retrieved 15-09-2017.
- Garden Variety: An Ecological Calamity Below Albany Hill. Ron Sullivan. Berkeley Daily Planet. 26-01-2007. Retrieved 23-01-2011.