Parliament of Cambodia
|Parliament of the Kingdom of Cambodia
|5th National Assembly
Since 14 October 2004
123 Members of Parliament
Senate political groups
National Assembly political groups
Senate last election
|29 January 2012|
National Assembly last election
|28 July 2013|
The Parliament of the Kingdom of Cambodia (Khmer: សភាតំណាងរាស្ត្រ ព្រះរាជាណាចក្រកម្ពុជា; Saphea Damnang Reastr ney Preăh Réachéanachâk Kâmpŭchéa) is the bicameral legislature of the Government of Cambodia, consisting of the Senate and the National Assembly. The Parliament is composed of 184 members, 123 MPs and 61 Senators.
Parliament has two chambers.
- The National Assembly of Cambodia (រដ្ឋសភា; Radhsphea) has 123 members, elected for a five-year term by proportional representation.
- The Senate of Cambodia (ព្រឹទ្ធសភា; Protsaphea) has 61 members, two of which are appointed by the king and two others by the National Assembly, and the rest elected by the commune councillors from 25 provinces of Cambodia.
The National Assembly holds legislative power. In addition to the general law-making power, the National Assembly has specific powers regarding the national budget, taxes, administrative accounts, laws on general amnesty, international treaties and conventions, declarations of war, and the formation of the Royal Government.
|Cambodian People's Party||3,235,969||48.83%||68|
|Cambodia National Rescue Party||2,946,176||44.46%||55|
|League for Democracy Party||68,389||1.03%||—|
|Khmer Anti-Poverty Party||43,222||0.65%||—|
|Cambodian Nationality Party||38,123||0.58%||—|
|Khmer Economic Development Party||33,715||0.51%||—|
|Democratic Republican Party||19,152||0.29%||—|
|Total (turnout 68.5%)||6,627,159||123|
|Source: National Election Committee|
|Cambodian People's Party||8,880||77.81%||46|
|Sam Rainsy Party||2,503||22.19%||11|
|Source: MYsinchew.com, RFA|
- "Cambodia 1993 (rev. 2008)". Constitute. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- National Assembly website
- Senate website
- National Election Committee
- List of Senators
- Ruling party wins Cambodia poll
|This Cambodia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|