Logo of Pavitra Rishta
|Genre||Indian Soap Opera
|Created by||Balaji Telefilms|
|Written by||Story & Screenplay
R M Joshi
|Directed by||Sangeita Rao|
|Creative director(s)||Meghana Amal|
|Theme music composer||Sunil Singh
|Opening theme||Pavitra Rishta By Keka Ghoshal|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||1289 as of 18 April 2014|
|Running time||Approx. 24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original channel||Zee TV|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)
|Original airing||June 1, 2009|
Pavitra Rishta (English: Sacred Relationship) is an Indian soap opera that airs on Zee TV. It premiered on 1 June 2009 and airs weeknights. It is produced by Ekta Kapoor of Balaji Telefilms. Pavitra Rishta portrays the life of two common middle-class Maharashtrian families in the city of Mumbai and their day-to-day life. It particularly focuses on the journey of the couple Manav (Hiten Tejwani) and Archana (Ankita Lokhande) and after 18 years, their grown-up children and after 20 years, their grown-up grand children.Its initial concept is an adaptation from south Indian Tamil serial Thirumathi Selvam.
Pavitra Rishta is the story of a couple, Manav and Archana Deshmukh, and their families. Archana is an uneducated young woman, who takes care of her family and thinks about them first. Manav is a mechanic, who alone earns and supports his family. Manav and Archana marry and then fall in love with each other and face many bad circumstances. After an 18-year leap, their grown-up children and the love story and the marriage of their adopted daughter, Purvi Manav Deshmukh with Manav's ex-boss and business partner Digvijay Kirloskar(DK)'s son and business tycoon Arjun Digvijay Kirloskar was showcased. After another 20-year leap, their grown-up grandchildren and the love story and marriage of Manav and Archana's son Soham Manav Deshmukh's daughter and Manav and Archana's granddaughter Ankita with business tycoon, Naren Karmarkar, is showcased.
- Ankita Lokhande as Ankita Naren Karmarkar
- Karan Mehra as Naren Shirish Karmarkar
- Rithvik Dhanjani as Arjun Digvijay Kirloskar
- Asha Negi as Purvi Arjun Kirloskar
- Hiten Tejwani as Manav Damodar Deshmukh
- Ankita Lokhande as Archana Manav Deshmukh
- Ankit Narang as Soham Manav Deshmukh
- Shruti Kanwar as Ovi Manav Deshmukh
- Mrinalini Tyagi as Tejaswini Manav Deshmukh
- Ruhee Bagga as Pari Arjun Kirloskar
- Karishma Sharma as Pia Arjun Kirloskar
- Nishant Raghuvanshi as Prashant Soham Deshmukh
- Aprana Dixit as Mansi Soham Deshmukh
- Manish Naggdev as Shashank
- Akash Nath as Pranav Soham Deshmukh
- Kreesha Shah as Sonali Soham Deshmukh
- Vikrant Chaturvedi as Shirish Karmarkar
- Sheeba Chaddha as Rushali Shirish Karmarkar
- Ranjeet Singh as Raunak Shirish Karmarkar
- Minal Ranjeet as Kinnari Raunak Karmarkar
- Sumukhi Pendse as Sunanda Karmarkar
- Karan Suchak as Shekhar Gupta
- Anubhav Krishna Srivastava as Sachin Manav Deshmukh
- Mansi Sharma as Neena Sachin Deshmukh
- Nivin Ramani as Gaurav Sachin Deshmukh
- Jinal Jain as Pushti Sachin Deshmukh
- Usha Nadkarni as Savita Damodar Deshmukh
- Ajay Wadhavkar as Damodar Rao Deshmukh
- Savita Prabhune as Sulochana Manohar Karanjkar
- Shakti Arora as Dr. Onir Dutt
- Sushant Singh Rajput as Manav Damodar Deshmukh
- Sunil Godse as Vishwasrao Rao Deshmukh
- Naved Aslam as Digvijay Kirloskar
- Anshuman Singh Mahant as Tarun
- Prabhat Bhattacharya / Pankaj Vishnu as Ajit Lokhande
- Manasi Salvi as Ashna Digvijay Kirloskar
- Suman Shashi Kant as Kinshuk Banerjee
- Maneka Lalwani as Shalini Onir Dutt
- Smita Oak as Rasika Lokhande
- Raj Singh as Sachin Damodar Deshmukh
- Puru Chibber as Sachin Manav Deshmukh
- Karan Sharma as Sunny Mukesh Khandeshi
- Ketki Dave as Snehlata Mukesh Khandeshi
- Pooja Pihal as Shravani Mahadik
- Divjot Sabarwal as Madhuri Dharmesh Jaipurwala
- Sumit Arora as Dharmesh Jaipurwala
- Mahesh Shetty as Jaywant Rane
- Anurag Sharma as Satish Deshpande
- Kali Prasad Mukherjee / Abhay Bhargava as Balan Singh
- Bhanujeet Sudan as Rishabh Kapoor
- Priya Marathe as Varsha Satish Deshpande
- Prarthana Behere / Madhumita Das as Vaishali Dharmesh Jaipurwala
- Amit Sareen as Ashwin Sagar
- Ashlesha Sawant as Urmila Ashwin Sagar
- Krunal Pandit as Mallik Mittal
- Jia Mustafa as Poornima Mallik Mittal
- Ajay Rohila / Kishor Govind Mahabole as Manohar Karanjkar
- Parag Tyagi as Vinod Manohar Karanjkar
- Swati Anand as Manjusha Vinod Karanjkar
- Priyanka Kandwal as Gauri Umesh Shahane
- Meghna Kinnare
Initially the started with 2.4 TVR and after two months of its launch the show became top 10 shows of Indian Television with an average rating of 3.3 TVR as of October, 2009. Since November 2009, the show became No. 1 Show on Hindi GEC beating all other shows with an average rating of 5.5 TVR.Even in mid 2010, the show was the top show on Hindi GEC with an average TVR of 4.5 to 5.0.Also, in the initial months of 2011, the show continues to be top show across all GEC's with an average TVR of 5.55. Though during the time of IPL in 2011, the show was no. 1 fiction show across all GEC's, but its TRP fell to an average 4.44 TVR. In June 2011, the show's rating fell to 3.33 TVR but continued to be no. 1 show across all GEC's. However, due to stiff competition from KBC 5, airing at same slot on rival channel, the show maintained its TRP's, but fell to top 5 shows across all GEC's But still the show was top show of Zee TV. However due to interesting story and well acting by Ensemble, the show bounced back to top 5 shows in mid 2012 with an average rating of 3.0 TVR.
- "Pavitra Rishta episodes". Pavitra Rishta. April 18, 2014. Retrieved April 18, 2014.
- Hindi remake of South Indian shows - Times Of India
- "Pavitra Rishta is no. 1 show of Zee & is one of the top 10 shows".
- "Pavitra Rishta is no. 1 show on Indian Television".
- "Pavitra Rishta continues to top the charts even in 2010".
- "Pavitra Rishta continues to top the charts even in 2011".
- "Pavitra Rishta still continues to impress all with an average audience of 4.44 TVR".
- "Pavitra Rishta continues to do well across all GEC's, being no.1 show in 2011".
- "Pavitra Rishta continues to do well inspite facing stiff competition".
- "Pavitra Rishta bounces back with an average rating of 3.0 TVR ALso is Zee's top show".