Perth Ice Arena
|Location||708 Marshall Road, Malaga WA 6090|
|Surface||60 m × 30 m (197 ft × 98 ft)|
|Perth Thunder (2012-present) |
West Coast Ice Hockey Club (present)
The Perth Ice Arena (also known as Perth Ice Arena Centre.) is an ice sports and public skate centre, built in 2009 and located at the Malaga precinct of Perth, in Western Australia. The arena serves as the home ice rink for the Perth Thunder in the Australian Ice Hockey League and West Coast Ice Hockey Club who compete in WA state leagues.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2013)
Perth Ice Arena regularly hosts figure skating (including academy), ice hockey, functions (including birthday parties, social clubs, bucks and hens nights and youth groups), disco nights and general public sessions.
The Perth Ice Arena in 2016 played host to one of the USA vs Canada Ice Hockey Classic exhibition matches. Team Canada defeated Team USA 6-5 in a shootout in game two. The series has been running since 2015 and has brought a number of current and past NHL players and coaches along with a host of AHL and ECHL players to Australia and New Zealand during that time. Players and coaches donate their time to raise money for the STOPCONCUSSIONS Foundation and awareness of the sport of ice hockey to Australia and New Zealand.
- "Perth Ice Arena". www.perthicearena.com. Retrieved 28 April 2019.
- "History of the Australian Ice Hockey League". Australian Ice Hockey League. Archived from the original on 14 April 2011. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- Foreman, Glen (4 December 2010). "Perth Thunder granted license for 2012 season of national ice hockey league". PerthNow. Sunday Times. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "Gretzky to play exhibition game in Australia". National Hockey League. 19 June 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2019.
- "Team Canada edge Team USA in Perth". www.icehockeynewsaustralia.com. 19 June 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2019.
- "'The Great One' Wayne Gretzky to promote ice hockey in Australia". The Sydney Morning Herald. 19 June 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2019.
- Kitchener, Andrew (7 June 2015). "The 2015 Ice Hockey Classic spreads the hockey gospel". www.theroar.com.au. Retrieved 28 April 2019.