Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Native to||Papua New Guinea|
|(2,000 cited 1975)|
8,000 L2 speakers (1977)
Verbal inflection is accomplished through post verbal pronominal particles which carry tense and mood marking. 
- Global Recordings Network Petats
- Jerry Allen and Matthew Beaso. 1975. Petats Phonemes and Orthography
- Petats Organised Phonology Data
- Materials on Petats are included in the open access Arthur Capell collections (AC1 and AC2) and the Malcolm Ross collection (MR1) held by Paradisec.
- Petats at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2017). "Petats". Glottolog 3.0. Jena, Germany: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- Cropp, A.H. (between 1900 and 1931?). A short grammar of the Petats dialect. Check date values in:
|This article about Meso-Melanesian languages is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|