This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Pink Squirrel is a cocktail made of
Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail glass and serve.
The drink was invented at Bryant's Cocktail Lounge in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Pink Squirrel was invented as an ice cream drink and is still served as an ice cream drink there and in many parts of the upper Midwest.
Pink Squirrels in popular culture
- The comic strip The Fusco Brothers makes frequent reference to various characters ordering and drinking pink squirrels at Happy Hour bars.
- The Pink Squirrel is the favorite drink of Crystal to drown her sorrows in the sitcom Roseanne.
- The drink, "Virgin Pink Squirrel," is the favorite drink of Audrey Penney from Ellen.
- In The West Wing season 2 episode "Bartlet's Third State of the Union", the character Ainsley Hayes drinks a Pink Squirrel while wearing a bathrobe and dancing in her office. She throws it into the air and shrieks when the President walks into her office for the first time.
- In the Broadway musical The Wedding Singer (based on the movie of the same name), George orders a Pink Squirrel.
- In episode 24 from season 2 of The Nanny Fran gets drunk from drinking Pink Squirrels.
- In the stage play At First Sight by Anne Pie, both the lead character Julia and her sister Verna drink Pink Squirrels at the Ritz Carlton in Palm Springs, California.
- In King of the Hill, season 8 episode 11, Bill Dauterive is pretending to be a gay hair stylist and orders a Pink Squirrel when out at a night club.
- In Vagrant Story, a treasure chest containing a mace named Pink Squirrel can be found in the wine cellar.
- In Cocktail the Pink Squirrel is one of the drinks listed in Brian Flanagan's poem "The Last Barman Poet".
- In the fourth season of Reba, Reba mentions that a bartender couldn't make a proper Pink Squirrel.
- In the book Life Expectancy Rowena Tock's (Grandmother to Jimmy Tock) favorite drink is Pink Squirrel
- In chapter 21 of the book The Cleaner by Brett Battles, the hero's ex-lover Sophie orders a Pink Squirrel when drinking with him in her Berlin bar.
- The Pink Squirrel is mentioned by Mike's Mom, in Mike and Molly episode Bachelor/Bachelorette 201204030
- In Grace and Frankie season 3 Sol brings Robert a Pink Squirrel after he returns home from his community theatre rehearsal saying he accidentally bought strawberry milk and had to use it up. Robert implies that it is made with gin.
- The Pink Squirrel is mentioned in Sue Grafton, "Kinsey and Me," the story called "Non Sung Smoke."
- In the episode "Emmet Bypass" (21 Feb. 1995), of 'Grace Under Fire', Peggy Rea's character, Jean Kelly, asks for a Pink Squirrel during a placebo induced hallucination.
|This mixed drink–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|