Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School|
15 Mulligan Drive
|Type||Public charter school|
|NCES School ID||250004400816|
|Executive Director||Marc Kenen |
|Teaching staff||40.59(on an FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||9.81|
Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School (PVPA) is a public charter school in South Hadley, Massachusetts, United States. It as established in 1996 as part of the Massachusetts Educational Reform. It was originally located in Hadley, Massachusetts, but relocated to South Hadley for its tenth year in 2005.
Pioneer Valley Performing Arts (Charter Public School) in Western Massachusetts is known for its performing and visual arts concentrations woven into its curriculum. Students are required to take all courses that Massachusetts public schools mandate (mathematics, science, English, languages, history, etc.) but also participate in a wide variety of performing arts and visual art courses.
Students take dance courses, sculpture and other visual arts, theater, and a variety of athletic activities in addition to arts courses. The students also participate in the revision of the school charter as a democratic process when the charter goes through renewals.
The school has two performance spaces, a main theater and a studio theater. In the 2005–06 school year, PVPA made a deal with the Academy of Music to hold their musical production of the year at their facilities. From 2009–11, PVPA relocated their musicals to University of Massachusetts Amherst's Bowker Auditorium. In 2012, PVPA's musical productions relocated back to the Academy of Music, and many of the school's other productions are now held there as well.
- Elisha Yaffe, comedian, actor and producer
- Naia Kete, singer and songwriter
- Seth Glier, singer and songwriter
- Sonya Kitchell, singer and songwriter
- Zoe Weizenbaum, actor
- "Search for Public Schools - Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School (250004400816)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- "Faculty & Staff Contacts". Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- Profile, gazettenet.com, 2011-08-24; retrieved 2013-09-07.
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|