Pitcairn Building (Philadelphia)
|Location||1027 Arch St.|
|Architect||G. W. & W. D. Hewitt|
|Architectural style||English Baroque|
|NRHP reference No.||87002209|
|Added to NRHP||January 7, 1988|
The Pitcairn Building, also known as the Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company Building, is a historic warehouse and light manufacturing loft building located at 1027 Arch Street at the corner of N. 11th Street in the Chinatown neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was designed by noted Philadelphia architects G. W. & W. D. Hewitt and built in 1901. It is an eight-story, steel frame building clad in brick and granite with terra cotta details. The building measures approximately 74 feet wide and 172 feet deep. It was originally built as a regional distribution center for the Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company. It later housed a clothing manufacturer, H. Daroff and Sons, who originated the "Botany 500" brand.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- "National Historic Landmarks & National Register of Historic Places in Pennsylvania" (Searchable database). CRGIS: Cultural Resources Geographic Information System. Note: This includes Richard J. Webster (June 1987). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: Pitcairn Building" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- Media related to Pitcairn Building (Philadelphia) at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a property in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|