|Industry||DNA Identification of dog waste; Environmental|
|Founded||2008Knoxville, Tennessee, USAin|
Locations across the USA
Number of locations
|United States, Canada, UK, Israel|
|Tom Boyd, Meg Retinger, Win Chandler,|
|Products||Pet Waste Station, Bag Refills, Individual Resident Scoop Bag dispensers,|
|Services||DNA World Pet Registry Database, Dog DNA Waste Matching, Proof of Parentage|
PooPrints is a commercial service that uses DNA profiling of feces to assist with pet waste management. DNA is first collected by a cheek swab, and registered online at the DNA World Pet Registry.
It was started in 2008.
- Geere, Duncan (January 6, 2011). "PooPrints identifies scoop-averse dog owners with DNA testing". Wired Magazine. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- Howard, Zach (July 6, 2011). "Doggie DNA nails owners of pets leaving smelly piles". Reuters. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- Rosen, Jill (May 14, 2010). "DNA could solve a doggie whodunit". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- Golgowski, Nina (June 27, 2011). "DNA tests provide the poop on bad dog owners". CNN. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- Shaw, Bob (May 22, 2012). "Dog DNA service helps apartments catch poop perpetrators". St. Paul Pioneer Press. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- "PooPrints DNA Pet Waste Management". Bio Pet Vet Lab. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Dog DNA Business Cracks Down On Errant Droppings". WCCO-TV. May 24, 2012.
- "About us - BioPet Bet Lab". biopetvetlab.com. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- "PooPrints". pooprints.com. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- Mount, Ian (February 26, 2009). "BioPet's gold mine: Doggy DNA". CNNMoney.
- Weiss, Debra Cassens (May 20, 2010). "Lawyer Says Condo's Proposed PooPrints DNA Program Is 'Absolutely Ridiculous'". ABA Journal.
- Andrea Canning; Taylor Behrendt; Tracey Marx (June 30, 2011). "Dog DNA Scooping Owners Who Fail to Pick Up After Pets". ABC News.
- Jouvenal, Justin (October 25, 2011). "Fairfax neighbors head to court over unscooped dog poop". The Washington Post.
- Hernandez, Sunny (June 12, 2012). "PooPrints: Dog poop DNA tests make a mess for owners who stink at picking up after pets". The Post-Standard.
- Roney, Marty (June 12, 2012). "Property complexes step into DNA testing of dog poop". Detroit Free Press.
- Daley, Jason (February 10, 2012). "A Tech Entrepreneur Finds a Niche in Pouncing on Law-Breaking Pet Owners". Entrepreneur.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|