Portal:Venezuela/Did you know
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ... that the Colombian television series Bolívar used 6,000 extras?
- ... that Philadelphia-based physician Charles Sajous, called the "father of American endocrinology", received the French Legion of Honour and the Venezuelan Order of the Liberator?
- ... that despite its title, the Venezuelan film Muchachos bañándose en la laguna de Maracaibo ('Kids bathing at the lagoon of Maracaibo') also features street shots of the city of Maracaibo?
- ... that Venezuelan director Patricia Ortega (pictured) has drawn strength from her film Being Impossible during both personal and political upheavals?
- ... that there has been a boom in LGBT+ cinema produced in Latin America, in contrast to its traditionally religious and machismo culture?
- ... that Perla Farías has created telenovelas, such as Juana la virgen and La Reina del Sur, which avoid classic stereotypes?
- ... that the queen parrotfish feeds on the algae it scrapes from corals and other surfaces, resulting in bioerosion?
- ... that the Creole Petroleum Corporation's 1956 propaganda film Assignment: Venezuela sought to convince American oil workers that the anti-capitalist military dictatorship had embraced the American way of life?