Prince Joachim of Belgium
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Prince Joachim of Belgium|
|Archduke of Austria-Este (more)|
|Born||9 December 1991|
St-Luc Unitversity Hospital, Woluwe-St-Lambert, Belgium
|Father||Archduke Lorenz of Austria-Este|
|Mother||Princess Astrid of Belgium|
Prince Joachim of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este (Joachim Karl-Maria Nikolaus Isabelle Marcus d'Aviano; born 9 December 1991), is the younger son and third child of Lorenz, Archduke of Austria-Este and Princess Astrid of Belgium.
Prince Joachim was born on 9 December 1991 at the Saint -Luc University Hospital in Woluwe-St-Lambert, Belgium, and he is currently tenth in line to the Belgian throne. He is the first female-line member of the Belgian Royal Family to be born a Prince of Belgium, with succession rights to the throne. His older brother and sister were created Prince and Princess of Belgium in December 1991, several years after their birth.
In May 2020, amid the large-scale outbreak of COVID-19, it was officially announced that Prince Joachim had tested positive for the infectious disease, which is caused by a coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2. Prince Joachim broke the lockdown to attend the birthday party of his Spanish girlfriend in Córdoba, Spain.
He enlisted in a voluntary army training course at the Centre for Basic Training in Arlon, Belgium, on 16 November 2010. On 29 July 2011, he also finished his education at the Nautical School in Brugge to become an officer in the Belgian Navy.
- 29 July 2011 – 26 Dec. 2011:
- 26 December 2011 – ... ( with Oath ceremony 5 March 2012
|July 2011||December 2011|
|First Master Chief||Ensign 2nd Class|
- "El príncipe Joaquín, el positivo por covid-19 en la fiesta de Córdoba, según la prensa belga". El Confidencial (in Spanish). 30 May 2020. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "Belgian prince fined for breaching quarantine rules in Spain". Reuters. 11 June 2020. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- Prins Joachim begonnen aan militaire opleiding in Aarlen – website Het Laatste Nieuws
- Leerlingen nautische school behalen STCW-brevet – website Belgian Navy.
- Bocconi University,International Economics, Management and Finance
- Place Royale, 17/09/2011, report on his formation in the Navy, "Bocconi information" being given at the end of the report.
- Belgian monarchy official website Announce of the oath ceremony for 5th March 2012 Archived 5 June 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- Royal Decree n° 8692 of 19 December 2011, "Moniteur Belge" of 1 mars 2012 (see p. 158 of .pdf file) : Rank effective on 26 December 2011
Prince Joachim of Belgium
Cadet branch of the House of Habsburg-LorraineBorn: 9 December 1991
|Lines of succession|
Princess Maria Laura
| Line of succession to the Belgian throne
Princess Luisa Maria