Princess Anna of Saxony (1903–1976)
|Princess Anna Monika|
|Born||4 May 1903|
Lindau, Bavaria, German Empire
|Died||8 February 1976 (aged 72)|
Munich, Bavaria, West Germany
(m. 1926; died 1957)
(m. 1971; died 1976)
Archduke Joseph Árpád
Archduchess Maria Kynga
|Father||King Frederick Augustus III of Saxony|
|Mother||Archduchess Louise, Countess of Ysette|
Princess Anna Monika Pia of Saxony, Duchess of Saxony (Full German name: Prinzessin Anna Monika Pia von Sachsen, Herzogin zu Sachsen) (4 May 1903 – 8 February 1976) was the seventh and youngest child of Frederick Augustus III of Saxony and his wife Archduchess Luise of Austria, Princess of Tuscany and a younger sister of both Georg, Crown Prince of Saxony, and Friedrich Christian, Margrave of Meissen.
While pregnant with Anna, her mother Luise left Saxony on 9 December 1902 without her children. Anna was born in Lindau, Bavaria, during her parents' separation; after the birth, Luise sent the infant to the royal court in Dresden where she was raised with her five siblings by her father Frederick Augustus.
Marriage and issue
Anna married Archduke Joseph Francis of Austria, eldest son of Archduke Joseph August of Austria and his wife Princess Auguste Maria of Bavaria, on 4 October 1924 at Schloss Sibyllenort in Sibyllenort, Silesia, Germany. Anna and Joseph Francis had eight children:
- Archduchess Margarethe of Austria (17 August 1925 – 3 May 1979) married Alexander Czech, Prince of Monteleone, son of General Jószef Cech (1855-1938) and Princess Amalia Erba Odescalchi dei Principi di Monteleone (1889-1969). Based on his ancestry Alexander was awarded with the title of Principe di Monteleone by King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy, just before his marriage to the Archduchess.
- Archduchess Ilona of Austria (20 April 1927 – 12 January 2011) married Georg Alexander, Duke of Mecklenburg
- Archduchess Anna-Theresia Gabriella of Austria (19 April 1929 – 28 November 1984)
- Archduke Joseph Árpád of Austria (8 February 1932 – 30 April 2017) married Princess Maria von Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg
- Archduke István Dominik Anton Umberto of Austria (1 July 1934 – 24 October 2011) married Maria Anderl
- Archduchess Maria Kynga Beatrix of Austria (born 27 August 1937) married, firstly, Ernst Kiss. She married, secondly, Joachim Krist on 30 March 1988.
- Archduke Géza Ladislaus of Austria (born 14 November 1939) married Monika Decker
- Archduke Michael Koloman of Austria (born 5 May 1942) married Princess Christiana of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg (born 1940)
Fifteen years after the death of Joseph Francis in Carcavelos, Portugal ,on 25 September 1957, Anna married Reginald Kazanjian (1905–1990) in a civil ceremony on 28 July 1971 in Geneva, Switzerland, and in a religious ceremony on 9 September 1971 in Veyrier, Switzerland. She died in Munich, Germany, aged 72.
Titles and styles
This section does not cite any sources. (January 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 4 May 1903 – 4 October 1924: Her Royal Highness Princess Anna of Saxony, Duchess of Saxony
- 4 October 1924 – 28 July 1972: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Archduchess Anna Monika of Austria, Princess of Hungary and Bohemia, Princess and Duchess of Saxony
- 28 July 1972 – 8 February 1976: Her Royal Highness Princess Anna of Saxony, Duchess of Saxony
|Ancestors of Princess Anna of Saxony (1903–1976)|
- Darryl Lundy (25 November 2004). "Anna Monika Pia Prinzessin von Sachsen". ThePeerage.com. Retrieved 2008-11-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Princess Anna Monika Pia of Saxony.|