Princess Majda Ra'ad
|Titular Queen of Iraq|
|Born||Margaretha Inga Elisabeth Lind|
5 September 1942
|Spouse||Prince Ra'ad bin Zeid|
|Issue||Prince Zeid bin Ra'ad|
Prince Mired bin Ra'ad
Prince Firas bin Ra'ad
Prince Faisal bin Ra'ad
Princess Fakhrelnissa bint Ra'ad
|Father||Sven Gustaf Lind|
|Mother||Carin Inga Birgitta Gunlaug Grönwall|
Princess Majda Ra'ad of Jordan (born Margaretha Inga Elisabeth Lind on 5 September 1942) is a Swedish woman who is the wife of Prince Ra'ad bin Zeid, the current pretender to the defunct Kingdom of Iraq and Syria and the Lord Chamberlain of Jordan. She is a Jordanian princess by marriage and a member of the House of Hashemite.
Early life and family
Margaretha Inga Elisabeth Lind was born on 5 September 1942 in Arboga to Sven Gustaf Lind and Carin Inga Birgitta Gunlaug Grönwall. Through her mother she is an illegitimate descendant of the House of Vasa through Charles XI of Sweden. She was raised in Södertälje. She studied at Colin Leclaire High School.
Marriage and issue
Lind married Prince Ra'ad bin Zeid, son of Prince Zeid bin Hussein and Princess Fahrelnissa Zeid, in 1963. They were first married in a civil ceremony on 30 June in Södertälje and religiously at the Raghadan Palace in Amman on 5 August. They have five children:
- Prince Zeid bin Ra'ad - born January 26, 1964, married to Sarah Butler (Now Princess Sarah Zeid). They have 3 children, Prince Ra'ad bin Zeid (Born: 17 May 2001), Princess Hala bint Zeid (Born: 13 March 2003) and Princess Azizah.
- Prince Mired bin Ra'ad - born June 11, 1965, married to Dina Muhammad Khalifeh (Now HRH Princess Dina Mired). They have 3 children, Princess Shirin bint Mired (Born: 19 May 1993), Prince Rakan bin Mired (Born: 20 November 1995) and Prince Jafar bin Mired (Born: 4 September 2002).
- Prince Firas bin Ra'ad - born October 12, 1969, married to Dana Nabil Toukan (Now Princess Dana Firas). They have 3 children, Princess Safa bint Firas (Born: 26 July 2001), Princess Haya bint Firas (Born: 7 March 2003) and Prince Hashem bin Firas (Born: 31 October 2010).
- Prince Faisal bin Ra'ad - born March 6, 1975, graduated from Brown University, and married to Lara Sukhtian (Now Princess Lara Faisal). She worked with MSNBC NBC News in Baghdad covering the Iraq war. She's the daughter of Munjid Sukhtian. They have 3 children, Princess Hanan bint Faisal (Born: 3 September 2006), Princess Mariam bint Faisal (Born: 25 July 2008) and Prince bin Faisal (Born: April 2013).
- Princess Fakhrelnissa bint Ra'ad - born January 11, 1981, married to Sharif Hajjar. They have 3 children, Prince Radwan Hajjar (Born: 8 August 2006), Faisal Hajjar (Born: 14 December 2007) and a daughter Lana Hajjar (Born: 31 May 2012).
Charity and philanthropic work
In 1971 Princess Majda Ra'ad founded the Al-Hussein Society and serves as its president. From 1985 to 1986 she served as the chairman of the Board of Occupational Therapy College and worked for the Care of Neurological Patients from 1986 until 1996. She has served as the president of Scandinavian Ladies of Amman since 1985 and president of the Jordanian Swedish Friendship Association since 1986. In 1987 she became a member of the Philadelphia Inner Wheel Club. In 1988 she helped found the Petra National Trust. She served as the director of the Bandak Foundation in 1998.
In December 2014 Princess Majda Ra'ad and her husband were patrons of the Embassy of Ukraine in Jordan's Annual Charity Christmas Bazaar.
In October 2015 Princess Majda Ra'ad and her husband participated in a clean up campaign for the Scandinavian Forest in Ain Al Basha.
Titles, styles, and honors
- 30 June 1963 – present: Her Royal Highness Princess Majda Ra'ad of Jordan
- In pretense: The Queen of Iraq
- "Kingdom of Iraq - House of Al-Hashimi". www.almanachdegotha.org.
- "Prince Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein - Christ's College". alumni.christs.cam.ac.uk.
- "Prinsessan "Maggan" på besök i stan". 16 May 2011.
- "Meet the Muslim-Socialist Freemason at UN who pushes to flood Europe with Muslim immigrants". 7 September 2016.
- "Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein, Author at Hague Talks". Hague Talks.
- "Prince Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein of Jordan called a "tumour" by Venezuela's Maduro – Royal Central". royalcentral.co.uk.
- "Prince Ra'ad inaugurates Al-Hussein Society's annual bazaar - Jordan News - Ammon News". en.ammonnews.net.
- "About Al Hussein Society - Al Hussein Society". Ahs.org.jo. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "PNT - Founding Members". petranationaltrust.org.
- "IRAQ3". www.royalark.net.
- "Embassy of Ukraine in Jordan participated in Annual Charity Christmas Bazaar - News - MFA of Ukraine". Mfa.gov.ua. 2015-12-05. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "Prince Raad, Princess Majda promote environment conservation". 4 October 2015.