Princeton Nurseries Historic District
Princeton Nurseries, Sales and Administration Building, 2018
|Location||Generally along Mapleton Road and Ridge Road|
Plainsboro Township, New Jersey and South Brunswick, New Jersey
|Area||269 acres (109 ha)|
|Built by||Rolf W. Bauhan; William Flemer Jr.|
|NRHP reference No.||08000899|
|Added to NRHP||August 28, 2018|
|Designated NJRHP||July 22, 2008|
Princeton Nurseries was a large commercial plant nursery near Kingston, New Jersey. Founded in 1913 by William Flemer Sr., it once was the largest commercial nursery in the United States. The company stopped operations here in 1995. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places as the Princeton Nurseries Historic District on August 28, 2018.
- Ulmus americana 'Princeton' – 'Princeton' American Elm
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. November 2, 2013.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Middlesex County" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. May 21, 2018. pp. 12, 15.
- "History of Princeton Nurseries". Friends of Princeton Nursery Lands.
- Offredo, Jon (September 6, 2013). "Former Princeton Nurseries celebrates 100th anniversary in Kingston". NJ.com.
- "National Register of Historic Places: weekly list 20180831". National Park Service.
- "Princeton Nursery Lands". Friends of Princeton Nursery Lands.
- "Kingston Greenway South". New Jersey Trails Association.
|This article about a property in New Jersey on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|