Quai des Célestins
(Redirected from Quai des Célestins (Paris))Jump to navigation Jump to search
The quay was rebuilt and paved in 1705.
- At the level of the boulevard Henri-IV is the square Henri-Galli, notable for the remains of one of the eight towers of the Bastille prison.
- 2 et 2bis: Hôtel Fieubet ou La Vallette, situated at the location of the royal hôtel Saint-Pol, granted in 1519 by François Ier. In 1587, Raymond Phélypeaux d’Herbault built a first hôtel there. In 1676, it was acquired by the chancellor of queen Marie-Thérèse d'Espagne, Gaspard Fieubet. Fieubet had it renovated and decorated by Le Sueur and Vicotte according to the plans of Jules Hardouin-Mansart. In 1816, the hôtel became a sugar refinery. In 1857, the count of Lavalette acquired it and had it transformed by Jules Gros in a neo-baroque Italo-Spanish style, especially the street-side and court-side façades. Since 1877, this has been the location of the école Massillon.
- 32: edge of the city of Paris, location of the former tour Barbeau destroyed at the end of the 16th century or the very beginning of the 17th.