This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Raúl Arévalo Zorzo
22 November 1979
Arévalo began his acting career in 2001 performing the role of Carlos in the Spanish TV series Compañeros for two seasons, until 2002.
In 2003, he made his film debut in Los abajo firmantes, starring alongside Javier Cámara and Juan Diego Botto. The following year, he appeared in Cosas que hacen que la vida valga la pena, directed by Manuel Gómez Pereira.
In 2006, he made his breakthrough performance as Israel/Sean, the lead character's best friend, in Dark Blue Almost Black (AzulOscuroCasiNegro), directed by Daniel Sánchez Arévalo. His work in this film earned him several awards. Later that year, he appeared on Antonio Banderas' second directorial effort Summer Rain (El Camino de los Ingleses), and in 2007 in the musical/comedy Scandalous (¿Por qué se frotan las patitas?) and Seven Billiard Tables (Siete mesas de billar francés), with Maribel Verdú. He also worked with Verdú in The Blind Sunflowers (Los girasoles ciegos) in 2008, and in 2009, he appeared in Sánchez Arévalo's latest film, Gordos. For his performance in this film, he won a Goya film Award for best supporting actor in 2009's edition.
In 2016, he made his directorial debut with the award-winning The Fury of a Patient Man, for which he won a Best New Director Goya film Award.
He has also appeared in several short films, including Traumalogy (Traumalogía, 2007), as well as many stage productions.
- Cosas que Hacen que la Vida Valga la Pena (2004) as Seller
- Azuloscurocasinegro (2006) as Israel/Sean
- Summer Rain (2006) as Babirusa
- Scandalous (2007) as Utrera
- Make a Wish (2007) as Fidel
- Seven Billiard Tables (2007) as Fede
- 8 Dates (2008) as Jesús
- The Blind Sunflowers (2008) as Salvador
- Gordos (2009) as Álex
- The Last Circus (2010)
- Even the Rain (2010)
- Ghost Graduation (2012)
- I'm So Excited (Los Amantes Pasajeros) (2013)
- Marshland (2014)
- The Fury of a Patient Man (2016, director)
- Cien años de perdón
- The Warning (2018)
- Ola de crímenes (2018)
- Pain and Glory (2019)
- Los europeos (2020)
- ‘’Black Beach (2020)
- Me estoy quitando (2004), by Juan Alberto Burgos
- La luz de la primera estrella (2005), by Iñaki Martikorena
- Traumalogy (2007), by Daniel Sánchez Arévalo
- La vida nuestra (2017)