Rainbow Reels Queer and Trans Film Festival
First staged in 2001, the festival was launched by WPIRG and staged primarily at the University of Waterloo's Davis Centre. It subsequently expanded off-campus, with most films screening at the Princess Twin theatre, and became an independent event with its own separate organizing committee in the early 2010s.
In addition to film, the festival also schedules a selection of live theatrical and musical performances.
- "Queer Film Festival coming to Waterloo: Rainbow Reels screening 12 films at Princess Twin". Waterloo Region Record, February 24, 2012.
- "University of Waterloo to host gay film festival". Waterloo Region Record, March 13, 2001.
- "Diversity is key to showcase". Guelph Mercury, March 17, 2005.
- "Getting the message out: Queer film festival offers non-Hollywood look at homosexuality". Waterloo Region Record, March 1, 2011.
- "Queer Film Festival blends comedy, drama: Annual Waterloo event features diverse lineup of films and shorts". Waterloo Region Record, March 13, 2013.
- "Queer film festival hopes to involve more of public". Waterloo Region Record, march 4, 2008.
|This article about an organization in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|