Rajinder Khanna is the former chief of the Research and Analysis Wing, the external intelligence agency of India. He joined R&AW in 1978 and is the first chief of R&AW who was directly recruited into the Research and Analysis Service (RAS) cadre and not seconded from any other cadre (most other chiefs were recruited from the IPS cadre). Khanna and Arvind Saxena were the top most officers from RAS cadre in R&AW, as Khanna superseded Saxena, Arvind Saxena was also laterally promoted to the chief of ARC. Khanna is considered as the founder and driving force of the counter-terrorism unit in R&AW, he is said to be an expert on terrorism.
He has been appointed as the Deputy National Security Advisor of India.
- PT, I. "Rajinder Khanna appointed new RAW chief". Indian Express. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- Jain, Bharti. "Rajinder Khanna to be next RAW chief". Times of India. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- Media, Zee. "PM Modi appoints Rajinder Khanna, Prakash Mishra respectively as new RAW, CRPF chief". Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- PT, I. "Rajinder Khanna named new RAW chief". DNA. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "Former RAW Chief Rajinder Khanna appointed Dy NSA". ANI. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
| Director of R&AW
December 31, 2014 – January 31, 2017