Redroofs Theatre School
|Redroofs Theatre School|
26 Bath Road
|Type||Independent day school|
|Founder||June Rose (Keston-Bloom)|
|Local authority||Windsor and Maidenhead|
|Department for Education URN||110167 Tables|
|Head teacher||Samantha Keston|
|Age||10 to 18|
The school was established in 1947 in London and moved to Littlewick Green in 1964 into a house that was once the home of Ivor Novello. The school currently has two bases in Maidenhead, and two theatres in Littlewick Green and Ascot respectively. Redroofs comprised a full-time school for talented children (10–18 years), a part-time school of approximately 400 and an agency open to all pupils.In 2020 the school stopped its academic provision to become a larger Part Time School for the Performing Arts only.
Former pupils include Debbie McGee, many other working industry performers, dance teachers, theatre producers, theatre directors, writers, stage managers, singers, dancers, stunt coordinators and actors.
- Ali Bastian - Actress
- Lucy Benjamin - Actress
- Tara Bethan - Actress
- Daniel Brocklebank - Actor
- Matthew Cottle - Actor
- Zara Dawson - Actress/Presenter
- Jessica Fox - Actress
- Joanne Froggatt - Actress
- Dani Harmer - Actress
- Jessica Henwick - Actress
- Kris Marshall - Actor
- Ross McCall - Actor
- John O'Farrell - Writer/Broadcaster
- Richard Reid (actor) - Actor
- Colin Teague - Director
- Kate Winslet – Actress
- Marcus D'Amico - Actor
- Kerry Ingram - Child Actor, winner of Olivier Award for Matilda the Musical 2012
- "Alumni". Redroofs Theatre School. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Exclusive: Sexy Ali Bastian quits cop show for ballroom blitz". Sunday Mail. 13 September 2009. Retrieved 15 November 2009.
- Katja Hofman (9 March 2003). "Kate Winslet: Last year I worked for seven weeks - the rest of the time I'm a mum". The Independent. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
|This British theatre–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Berkshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|