Riverside Drive (Los Angeles)
|Maintained by||Bureau of Street Services, City of L.A. DPW|
|Northwest end||Van Nuys Boulevard in Sherman Oaks|
|Woodman Avenue in Sherman Oaks|
Coldwater Canyon Blvd. in Studio City
Laurel Canyon Blvd. in Studio City
SR 170 in Studio City
SR 134in Studio City
SR 134 in Burbank
SR 134 at Griffith Park
Los Feliz Blvd. in Los Feliz
SR 2 in Silver Lake
I-5 in Elysian Park
|Southeast end||Figueroa Street in Downtown Los Angeles|
Running approximately 20 miles (32 km) from Van Nuys Boulevard in Sherman Oaks to Figueroa Street at the northern edge of Downtown Los Angeles, it is one of the major thoroughfares in the San Fernando Valley. It runs through the heart of the Valley and is home to many of Southern California's major entertainment companies, passing both the Warner Bros. and Walt Disney Studios in Burbank. Then it enters West Glendale and continues as a major thoroughfare until it intersects with Victory Boulevard and Sonora Avenue. It then continues as the major thoroughfare through Griffith Park, though its name changes as it passes through the park, first to Zoo Drive, then Crystal Springs Drive, and then Griffith Park Drive, before becoming Riverside Drive again as it leaves the park at its southeastern boundary. Riverside Drive then continues east and south along the Los Angeles River, passing just north of the Silver Lake Reservoir. It runs along the northern edge of Elysian Park, passing north of Dodger Stadium before becoming Figueroa Street near the northern edge of Downtown.
Metro Local lines 96 and 155 operate on Riverside Drive.
Cities and communities
Communities are listed west to east, or north to south.
- Sherman Oaks
- Studio City
- Valley Village
- Toluca Lake
- Silver Lake
- Los Feliz
- Elysian Park
Places are listed west to east, or north to south.
- Los Angeles River
- Westfield Fashion Square, Sherman Oaks, California
- Notre Dame High School, Sherman Oaks, California
- North Hollywood Medical Center, North Hollywood, California, a former hospital used for the filming of the Scrubs TV series for its first eight seasons
- Oldest remaining Bob's Big Boy Restaurant
- Providence High School, Burbank, California
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park (nearby)
- Disney Channel Headquarters, Burbank, California
- Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, California
- Warner Bros. Records, Burbank, California
- Walt Disney Studios, Burbank, California
- ABC Studios, Burbank, California
- Walt Disney Animation Studios, Burbank, California
- Los Angeles Equestrian Center
- Los Angeles Zoo (Zoo Drive)
- Autry National Center (Zoo Drive)
- Griffith Park (Griffith Park Drive)
- Griffith Observatory (nearby)
- Silver Lake Reservoir (nearby)
- Elysian Park, Los Angeles, California
- Dodger Stadium (nearby)
- "Los Angeles River Tour". Archived from the original on 2007-10-16.
- "Westfield Fashion Square".
- "Notre Dame High School".
- "Providence High School".
- "Forest Lawn Memorial Park: Hollywood Hills". Archived from the original on 2012-07-31.
- "Warner Bros. Studios Facilities".
- "The Walt Disney Studios".
- "Walt Disney Animation Studios".
- "Los Angeles Equestrian Center". Archived from the original on 2008-02-22.
- "Los Angeles Zoo".
- "Autry National Center".
- "Griffith Park Observatory".
- "About the Silver Lake Community".
- "Elysian Park".
- "The Official Site of the Los Angeles Dodgers: Dodger Stadium Ballpark".
- 1932 Summer Olympics official report. p. 86.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to |
Riverside Drive (Los Angeles).