Robert A. Bradway
Robert A. Bradway
|Alma mater||Amherst College|
|Occupation||Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Amgen|
Bradway joined Morgan Stanley in New York in 1985 as a health care industry investment banker. In 1990 he moved to London, where he served as managing director of Morgan Stanley with responsibility for the firm's banking department and corporate finance activities in Europe.
Bradway joined Amgen in 2006 as vice president, Operations Strategy, and served as executive vice president and chief financial officer from April 2007 to May 2010. He was its president and chief operating officer from May 2010 to May 2012. In October 2011, he was appointed to the Amgen board of directors. Bradway was named CEO of Amgen in May 2012, and Chairman of the Board in January 2013.
Bradway serves on the board of directors of the Norfolk Southern Corporation and Boeing. He gave the 2016 commencement speech at the Keck Graduate Institute, which is part of The Claremont Colleges. He gave the 2017 commencement speech at the UCLA Anderson School of Management, where he serves on the board of trustees and on the board of the Leonard D. Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics.
On October 1, 2020, Bradway testified before the House Oversight Committee and was questioned by Rep. Katie Porter (D. Cal) for his considerable compensation. He and four other top Amgen executives earned a combined $124.2 million over a three-year period spanning 2017–2019.
- On the Call: Amgen CEO Bob Bradway - Yahoo Finance
- Amgen - About Amgen - Leadership Team
- Robert Bradway: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek
- "Robert A. Bradway". Amgen. Retrieved 13 April 2021.
- Robert Bradway - Forbes at Archive.today (archived 8 June 2014)
- Amgen CEO Robert Bradway named USC trustee | Press Room | USC
- "Leadership". Amgen, Inc. Retrieved 2020-03-12.
- "Robert A. Bradway, chairman and chief executive officer at Amgen to be the 2016 Commencement Speaker". Keck Graduate Institute. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Amgen CEO Robert A. Bradway to Deliver Commencement Address at UCLA Anderson". UCLA Anderson School of Management. May 8, 2017. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- "Leadership Team". CEO Roundtable on Cancer. Retrieved 2020-05-13.
- "Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA) asks Amgen CEO Robert Bradway why he deserves his salary". The Recount. Retrieved 2020-10-01.