Robert Brooks (Wisconsin politician)
|Member of the Wisconsin State Assembly|
from the 60th district
|Born||July 13, 1965|
Rockford, Illinois, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Wisconsin–La Crosse (attended)|
Robert Brooks (born July 13, 1965) is an American businessman and Republican politician from Saukville, Wisconsin. He is the State Representative for the 60th District of the Wisconsin State Assembly.
Brooks graduated from Parkview High School in Orfordville, Wisconsin and then went to University of Wisconsin–La Crosse. Brooks owned taverns, a real estate brokerage, and management business. He served on the Ozaukee County, Wisconsin Board of Supervisors and served as chairman. Brooks ran uncontested for Wisconsin State Assembly in 2014. On November 4, 2014, Brooks was elected to the Wisconsin State Assembly. In 2018 the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that Brooks had made "sexual comments to two female state lawmakers and a racial remark to a Latina legislator". Brooks attributed the comments to the influence of alcohol, apologized, and resigned his leadership position in the assembly.
- "State Representative Robert Brooks, 60th Assembly District". Wisconsin State Assembly. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- Wisconsin Vote.org.-Robert Brooks
- WI Uncontested Archived 2014-11-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Marley, Patrick; Beck, Molly; Bice, Daniel (September 26, 2018). "Wisconsin Assembly Republican leader apologizes for making racial, sexual comments to female lawmakers". Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- Bauer, Scott (September 26, 2018). "Saukville republican resigns leadership position, not office after racist, sexual comments". WISN-TV. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
|This article about a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|