Major General Catalanotti, Director, Exercises and Training Directorate, USCENTCOM
|Service/||United States Army Reserve|
|Years of service||1980 – 2014|
|Commands held||98th Division|
|Awards||Defense Superior Service Medal|
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal (3)
Robert Catalanotti is a retired major general in the United States Army Reserve. A resident of Grafton, Massachusetts, he last served as the director, Exercises and Training Directorate J-7, United States Central Command (USCENTCOM). He previously served as the Program Manager-Facilities Security Forces, USCENTCOM. From 2007 to 2008, Catalanotti was the Commanding General, 98th Division and the base commander at Camp Taji from December 2004 to October 2005.
Catalanotti is a 1980 graduate of Assumption College who gained his commission as a second lieutenant through cross-town enrollment in Army ROTC at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. He holds a Master's Degree from Suffolk University and a Masters in Strategic Studies from the United States Army War College.
Awards and decorations
|Defense Superior Service Medal|
|Legion of Merit (with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters)|
|Meritorious Service Medal (with 3 Oak Leaf Clusters)|
|Army Commendation Medal (with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters)|
|Army Achievement Medal (with 1 Oak Leaf Cluster)|
|State Department Superior Honor Award|
|Joint Meritorious Unit Award (with 3 Oak Leaf Clusters)|
|Army Superior Unit Award|
|Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal (with 7 oak leaf clusters)|
|National Defense Service Medal (with 1 Service Stars)|
|Iraq Campaign Medal (with 2 Service Stars)|
|Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal|
|Global War on Terrorism Service Medal|
|Armed Forces Reserve Medal with silver hourglass, M device, and award numeral|
|Army Service Ribbon|
|Army Overseas Service Ribbon (with award numeral)|
|Army Reserve Components Overseas Training Ribbon (with award numeral)|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Robert Catalanotti.|
- "U.S. Quietly Expanding Defense Ties With Saudis". foxnews.com. Associated Press. 19 May 2011. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Grafton Pays Tribute to Military Veterans, Past and Present". The Grafton News. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Release No: 448-12 General Officer Assignments". United States Department of Defense. 1 June 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- Clay, Steven. "Interview with COL Robert Catalanotti". Combined Arms Digital Research Library. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Bob Catalanotti '80 Promoted to U.S. Army Brigadier General". Assumption Magazine. 6 (2): 9. Spring 2008. Retrieved 4 September 2014.