This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Philibosian in 2012
|38th District Attorney of Los Angeles County|
1982 – 1984
|Preceded by||John Van de Kamp|
|Succeeded by||Ira Reiner|
Robert Harry Philibosian
September 29, 1940
San Diego, California
|Alma mater||Southwestern Law School|
Robert Harry Philibosian (born September 29, 1940) is an American politician. He was appointed Los Angeles County District Attorney in 1981 when his predecessor John Van de Kamp was elected Attorney General of California. Philibosian served as district attorney until 1984 when he was defeated in countywide election by Ira Reiner. He received his B.A. in history from Stanford University and his law degree from Southwestern Law School, and was admitted to the California State Bar in 1968. He is now Of counsel at the law firm of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton. Philibosian was the presiding District Attorney during the infamous McMartin preschool trial.
- "Philibosian Prevails Over Stirling, Trott for Appointment as District Attorney". metnews.com. 2009-10-21. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- Hubbell, Martindale (December 1994). Martindale-Hubbell International Law Directory - 1994, Volume 2 (North America, The Caribbean, Central America, and South America). Martindale-Hubbell. ISBN 9781561601073.
- State Bar of California Membership Record
- Southwestern Law School alumni profile
- Sheppard Mullin -- Attorneys
John Van de Kamp
| Los Angeles County District Attorney
1981 – 1984