Rockport High School
|Rockport High School|
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Rockport Public Schools|
|Principal||Amy Rose |
|Color(s)||maroon and silver|
Rockport High School
1925 Rockport High School
|Architect||J. Williams Beal, Sons|
|Architectural style||Colonial Revival|
|NRHP reference #||97000498|
|Added to NRHP||May 30, 1997|
Rockport High School is the public high school of Rockport, Massachusetts. It is located at 24 Jerdens Lane.
Rockport has had four different high school buildings. The first building was built in 1865 and now serves as the Rockport Community Center. The second building, located at 4 Broadway, was built in 1925, and served the school system in a variety of capacities until 1988. The high school was moved in the 1960s to the George Tarr School, a converted 1904 textile mill building, adjacent to the 1925 building. The high school moved into the present facilities in 1988.
Rockport High School is located on 24 Jerdens Lane in Rockport, Massachusetts, it has approximately 350 students. The official mascot is a Viking, and its colors are silver and maroon. Rockport High School has a varsity Ice Hockey, Field Hockey, baseball, basketball, soccer and softball teams for both girls and boys. Rockport High's superintendent is Robert Liebow.
- Paula Cole, singer and songwriter
- Andrew Stanton, a producer, director, writer, and screenplay actor for Disney's Pixar
- "Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - Error Page" (PDF). Doe.mass.edu. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Contact Information - Rockport High (02520510)". Profiles.doe.mass.edu. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Teacher Data (2013-14) - Rockport High (02520510)". Profiles.doe.mass.edu. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Rockport High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 10, 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-04-12. Retrieved 2018-04-11.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- National Park Service (2008-04-15). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "NRHP nomination for Rockport High School". Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
|This article about a National Register of Historic Places listing in Essex County, Massachusetts, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|