Royal Canadian Henley Rowing Course
|Location||Martindale Pond, St. Catharines, Ontario|
|Renovated||1966, 1999, 2012-2014|
|Royal Canadian Henley Regatta|
1970 World Rowing Championships
1999 World Rowing Championships
2015 Pan American Games
The Royal Canadian Henley Rowing Course is a rowing facility that is located in Port Dalhousie, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. The facility was constructed in 1903 as a permanent venue for the Royal Canadian Henley Regatta. The facility is located on the Martindale Pond.
In 1966, the facility was renovated, it was also renovated extensively in 1999 to stage the 1999 World Rowing Championships. The venue also hosted the 1970 World Rowing Championships. The venue hosted the rowing competitions at the 2015 Pan American Games held in Toronto. To stage the games the venue was again renovated, with completions scheduled completed by 2014.
- Stillwater, with consistent water conditions
- 2,200 metres (7,200 ft) straight length for racing
- 8 rowing lanes, each 13.5 metres (44 ft) wide
- Minimum water depth of 3.5 metres (11 ft)
- A return channel allowing boats to move to the start, separated from the main lake by an island