|Cutleaf evergreen blackberry|
Rubus laciniatus, the cutleaf evergreen blackberry or evergreen blackberry, is a species of Rubus native to northern and central Europe. It is an introduced species in Australia and North America. It has become a weed and invasive species in forested habitats in the United States and Canada, particularly in the Northeast and along the Pacific Coast.
Rubus laciniatus is a deciduous, bramble-forming shrub growing to 3 meters (10 feet) tall, with prickly shoots. The leaves are palmately compound, with five leaflets, each divided into deeply toothed subleaflets with jagged, thorny tips. The flowers have pink or white petals, the petals deeply cut into 3 lobes at the tip. Fruits are similar to the common blackberry, with a unique, fruitier flavour. The fruits are not true berries in the botanical sense.
The species is unusual in the genus in having 3-lobed petals and also in having such deeply divided leaves.
- Altervisat Flora Italiana, Rubus laciniatus Willd. includes photos and European distribution map
- "Rubus laciniatus". County-level distribution map from the North American Plant Atlas (NAPA). Biota of North America Program (BONAP). 2014.
- Calflora taxon report, University of California, Rubus laciniatus Willd. cut leaved blackberry, cutleaf blackberry
- Queensland Government, European blackberries Rubus fruticosus
- Paul Slichter, The Blackberries and Brambles of the Columbia River Gorge of Oregon and Washington, Cutleaf Blackberry, Cut-leaf Blackberry, Cut-leaved Blackberry, Evergreen Blackberry Rubus laciniatus includes description and photos
- Alice, Lawrence A.; Goldman, Douglas H.; Macklin, James A.; Moore, Gerry (2014). "Rubus laciniatus". In Flora of North America Editorial Committee. Flora of North America North of Mexico (FNA). 9. New York and Oxford – via eFloras.org, Missouri Botanical Garden, St. Louis, MO & Harvard University Herbaria, Cambridge, MA.
- US Forest Service Fire Ecology
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rubus laciniatus.|
- Plants of British Columbia: Rubus laciniatus
- Jepson Manual Treatment - Rubus laciniatus
- Rubus laciniatus in the CalPhotos Photo Database, University of California, Berkeley
- University of Washington, Seattle, Burke Museum
- photo of herbarium specimen at Missouri Botanical Garden
- Plants for a Future
- Go Botany, New England Wildflower Society