|European affiliation||European People's Party (observer)|
|International affiliation||Centrist Democrat International|
Orinats Yerkir (Armenian: Օրինաց երկիր, literally translated as "Country of Law", formerly Armenian Renaissance (Armenian: Հայկական վերածնունդ, abbreviated as ՕԵԿ, OEK)), is a political party operating in Armenia since its foundation in 1998 by Artur Baghdasaryan, who is leading the party up to now. In the 2007 Armenian parliamentary elections, it obtained 9 seats in parliament, in contrast to 19 seats in the 2003 elections. It has not had a presence in the National Assembly since 2017 after failing to win any seats. The party's name is translated into English in a number of ways, including Country of Law and Rule of Law.
The party went again into opposition in 2014 and was renamed Armenian Renaissance in 2015 after a merger with the Unified Armenians Party, led by Ruben Avagyan. However, the party restored its original name during a meeting held on February 13, 2018.
The party initially refused to participate in the 2018 Armenian parliamentary election because the National Assembly failed to pass amendments to electoral law, yet days later decided to register with the country's CEC in order to participate in the elections. It received just 0.99% of the votes. As this was lower than the 5% minimum threshold required, the party failed to gain any representation in the Armenian parliament.
During an interview in 2007, party leader, Artur Baghdasaryan stated that "Armenia's membership in the European Union should be one of the key priorities of our country's present and future foreign policy, as EU membership will open new avenues for Armenia." Baghdasaryan further stated that in order to begin accession negotiations with the EU, Armenia would have to strengthen its democracy and complete legal, social, economic and political reforms in order to meet European standards, just as the Baltic states have done.
- Centrist Democrat International Archived 27 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "Armenia To Hold First Major Election Since Power Change". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Rule of Law party 'rules out' cooperation with pro-Kocharyan team". www.tert.am. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "RA CEC DECLARED SERGE SARGSIAN ARMENIA’S PRESIDENT", defacto.am, 25 February 2008.
- ""Միավորված հայեր" կուսակցությունը միաձուլվել է "Հայկական վերածնունդ միավորման" մեջ". Armtimes.com (in Armenian). Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- ""Հայկական վերածնունդ" կուսակցությունը որոշել է միավորվել "Օրինաց երկիր" կուսակցությանը". armenpress.am (in Armenian). Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Newspaper: Orinats Yerkir party not to participate in early elections". news.am. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Eleven Political Parties Register For Armenia's Parliamentary Elections". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- Armenian Renaissance Official website
|This article about an Armenian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|