(Redirected from Russians in Uruguay)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The most important places in Uruguay with a strong presence of people of Russian descent are:
- San Javier, which has the largest population of persons of Russian descent
- Colonia Ofir, a settlement of Old Believers
Also among the Jewish Uruguayan community there are some people of Russian-Jewish descent.
Notable Russian Uruguayans
- Vasiliy Semionovitch Lubkov, cleric, spiritual leader of New Israel
- Vladimir Roslik, physician, victim of the military dictatorship
- José Serebrier, conductor and composer
- Alejandro Stock, artist
- Volf Roitman, painter, sculptor, and architect
- Martínez, Virginia (2013). The Russians of San Javier (in Spanish). Montevideo: Ediciones de la Banda Oriental. p. 298. ISBN 9789974108509.
- "Russians in Río Negro Department" (PDF) (in Spanish).
- "100 years of Jewish institutional presence in Uruguay" (PDF). ORT Uruguay (in Spanish). Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- Pi Hugarte, Renzo; Vidart, Daniel (1970). El legado de los inmigrantes (PDF) (in Spanish). Montevideo: Nuestra Tierra.
- Russians in Uruguay, Part 1. 18.09.2009 (in Russian)
- Russians in Uruguay, Part 2. 05.10.2009 (in Russian)
|This article article about the history of Uruguay is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Russian history–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|