SV Nieuw Sloten
|Full name||Sportvereniging Nieuw Sloten|
|Founded||4 April 2004|
|Ground||Sportpark Sloten, Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|League||Vijfde Klasse Sunday (2012–13)|
Founded on 4 April 2004, SV Nieuw Sloten is most known for an incident in December 2012 involving the death of Richard Nieuwenhuizen, a linesman from the opposing SC Buitenboys B3 team from Almere, as a result of physical assault by six B1 youth players of Nieuw Sloten and one of their fathers after the match. A couple of hours later, he was not feeling well and was taken to the hospital, where he died due to his injuries. Following the incident, the Royal Dutch Football Association cancelled all amateur matches for 8 and 9 December. A moment of silence was kept during all professional football matches as well as at the FIFA Club World Cup in Japan. SV Nieuw Sloten suspended all further activities for the remainder of the season following the incident. The players and the father were convicted of manslaughter, and the disciplinary committee of the Royal Dutch Football Association banned five players from football for life, and suspended one player who showed obvious remorse for a period of 60 months.
- "SV Nieuw Sloten Zondag selectie". Dit is mijn team. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Grensrechter in elkaar geslagen, De Telegraaf, 2 December 2012
- Grensrechter Almere overleden, De Telegraaf, 3 December 2012
- Duels afgelast vanwege dood grensrechter, De Telegraaf, 4 December 2012
- Voorlopig geen voetbal voor Nieuw Sloten, De Telegraaf, 3 December
- Majid Mohamed, "Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football: Death of official who was volunteering at his son's junior club match shocked the Netherlands", The Independent, 17 June 2013.
- "Seven men convicted following death of Dutch linesman Richard Nieuwenhuizen - video", The Guardian, 18 June 2013.
- Agence France Presse, "Dutch teens jailed for beating linesman Richard Nieuwenhuizen to death", news.com.au, 17 June 2013.
- Bianca Brasser, "Xandra Nieuwenhuizen: 'Het rouwproces kan nu beginnen': De rechtbank in Lelystad oordeelde gisteren dat zeven verdachten schuldig zijn aan de dood van grensrechter Richard Nieuwenhuizen uit Almere", Metro, 18 June 2013. (in Dutch)
- Graeme Kidd, "Linesman's beating death leads to lifetime football ban", NL Times, 26 October 2015.
- Zack Newmark, "Another football referee attacked by Amsterdam's Nieuw Sloten". NL Times, 1 February 2016.
- Jop van Kempen, "Steeds meer incidenten bij amateurvoetbal rond grote steden". Het Parool, 16 February 2016. (in Dutch)
- SV Nieuw Sloten Official website