Sadat (Arabic: سادات ) is a suffix, which is given to females believed to be descendants of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad. In Iran, after the revolution, it is mandatory to mention "Seyed" or "Sadat" in the names of seyeds or sadats whose descent from Muhammad has been mentioned in ID cards of their fathers or parental grandfathers.
It could also be a given name in some countries.
Notable people with this name
- Abu Sadat Mohammad Sayem (1916–1997), Bangladeshi jurist and statesman
- Anwar Sadat (1918–1981), former President of Egypt
- Jehan Sadat (born 1933), widow of Anwar Sadat
- Nazmus Sadat (born 1986), Bangladeshi cricketer
- Sadat Bukari (born 12 April 1989), Ghanaian footballer
- Sadat Tebazaalwa (born 1985), Ugandan boxer
- Sadat X (born Derek Murphy, 1968), American rapper
- Talaat Sadat (1954–2011), Egyptian politician
- Zallascht Sadat (born 1986), Afghan and German model
|surname Sadat. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|
|This surname-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This name-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|