Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu public transit
|Service type||bus service, taxibus|
|Routes||10 bus routes |
and taxibus areas
|Stations||Terminus 700, rue Boucher|
|Website||Transport en commun|
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu public transit (transport en commun) is operated on behalf of the city of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu in the province of Quebec, Canada. The city lies on the Richelieu River about 50 kilometres (31 mi) southeast of Montreal, and is the regional capital of Haut-Richelieu Regional County Municipality. Gestrans is the contracted manager of the transportation system with the buses for both local and commuter services being operated by Transdev.
Intercity bus routes operate between Terminus Carrefour Richelieu at 600, rue Pierre-Caisse in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and Terminus Centre-Ville located at 1000 de La Gauchetière in Downtown Montreal, with direct access there to the Bonaventure station on the Montreal Metro. Six routes provide local bus service for the core areas of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Saint-Luc, Iberville, Saint-Athanase and L'Acadie. There is also a taxibus system which operates within designated sectors and synchronizes with the scheduled routes.
The City of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu is the agency mandated to provide transportation for people with disabilities throughout the Region of Haut-Richelieu. To be eligible, interested individuals must first submit a request to that effect and attach the required documents.
Future plans include expanding operations within the current service area, the possible introduction of connections to other centres within Haut-Richelieu and a link to the city of Chambly.
|31||Industriel – Grand-Bernier|
|33||Saint-Eugène – Terminus|
|35||Saint-Luc - Prés-Verts / Montreal|
|96-E||Montreal / Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (Express)|
|96-L||Montreal / Brossard / Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (Local service)|
|96-LH||Montreal / Brossard / Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (Local Extended Service)|
|196-SE||Montreal / Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (Super Express)|
- Veolia Transport Quebec: Zones de desserte (Service Area) Archived 2012-04-17 at the Wayback Machine
- Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu public transit (Eng) Archived October 26, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Gestrans Inc. experts in public transit - clients Archived April 13, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu - Accessible Transport Archived October 4, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Urban Routes (Transport en commun, circuits urbains) Archived October 4, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Interurban Routes (Transport en commun, circuits interurbains) Archived April 14, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
|This article about transport in Quebec is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to bus transport in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|