Samantha Louise Maiden
24 August 1972
|Alma mater||University of South Australia|
|Years active||1994 – present|
Samantha Louise Maiden is an Australian political journalist. Until June 2018, she was a political reporter for Sky News Australia and was previously the political editor for a number of Sunday News Corp Australia newspapers including The Sunday Telegraph, Sunday Herald Sun and Sunday Mail. She has been based in Canberra as a political correspondent since 1998.
Maiden was known for breaking exclusive political stories for News Corp papers until resigning in 2016. She also appears as a commentator on television news programs, including Today and Pyne & Marles  and is a known associate of Annabel Crabb. She joined Sky News in 2017, first appearing on 30 January 2017.
In 2016, Maiden revealed that Immigration Minister Peter Dutton had inadvertently sent a text message describing her as a "mad fucking witch" directly to her, instead of a colleague, after Maiden wrote a critical opinion piece. The "witch incident" became internationally significant when Marvel's dark hero Jessica Jones tweeted encouragement to Maiden "welcoming her to the club (of mad fucking witches)".
attended Magill Primary School. Then St Peters Girls school where she was known as an awesome debater, good at mimicking, could be very funny and good at performing in plays. She later attended Unley High School where again she was good at drama. She attended Adelaide University where she was a co-Editor of the Student Magazine On Dit.
On 6 April 2016, Maiden pleaded guilty to a drink driving charge and two 'fail to obey police' charges in Goulburn Local Court, having recorded a blood alcohol reading of 0.136 on 20 March 2016. On 18 May 2016, Maiden was given a 12-month good behaviour bond, disqualified from driving for 7 months and fined $1000.
- "Meet the team in touch with you". Sunday Mail. 23 January 2011. Retrieved 18 May 2016.[dead link]
- Robin, Myriam (7 April 2016). "Sam Maiden could be going to the big house". Crikey. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "Pyne, Marles talk Assange, ABCC on new show". Sky News Australia. 6 February 2016. Archived from the original on 6 February 2016. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "Eat, drink and be literary with Annabel Crabb". Australian National University. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- Perry, Kevin (14 November 2016). "Sky News recruits Samantha Maiden as rumours have David Speers bound for ABC 7:30". Decider TV. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- "'It's A Compliment': Marvel's Dark Hero Jessica Jones Weighs In On MP Peter Dutton's 'Mad Witch' Stab At Journalist Samantha Maiden". Huffington Post. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- Knox, David (28 June 2018). "Samantha Maiden quits SKY News". TV Tonight. Retrieved 28 June 2018.
- Cole, David (18 May 2016). "News corp journo loses licence, avoids jail". Goulburn Post. Retrieved 18 May 2016.