|Born||January 23, 1990|
Commack, New York
|Listed height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Listed weight||129 lb (59 kg)|
|High school||Commack (Commack, New York)|
|College||Ohio State (2008–2012)|
|WNBA draft||2012 / Round: 1 / Pick: 6th overall|
|Selected by the Phoenix Mercury|
|2013||New York Liberty|
|2014||Los Angeles Sparks|
|Career highlights and awards|
Samantha Prahalis (born January 23, 1990 in Commack, New York) is an American basketball player who last played for the Los Angeles Sparks of the WNBA and currently for the Sardinian team CUS Cagliari. She went to Commack High School and played collegiately for Ohio State.
Prahalis was a member of the USA Women's U18 team which won the gold medal at the FIBA Americas Championship in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The event was held in July 2008, when the USA team defeated host Argentina to win the championship. Prahalis helped the team win all five games, scoring 6.2 points per game. She was also second in assists with 17.
Prahalis continued on to the USA Women's U19 team which represented the USA in the 2009 U19 World's Championship, held in Bangkok, Thailand in July and August 2009. Although the USA team lost the opening game to Spain, they went on to win their next seven games to earn a rematch against Spain in the finals, and won the game 81–71 to earn the gold medal. Prahalis scored 10.7 points per game. She was the assists leader with 34 over the nine games.
Ohio State statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
She was selected in the first round of the 2012 WNBA Draft (6th overall) by the Phoenix Mercury. On July 18, 2013 Prahalis was waived by the Phoenix Mercury. On July 22, 2013 Prahalis was signed by the New York Liberty to a seven-day contract. She was released at the end of the contract. On April 4, 2014 Prahalis signed with the Atlanta Dream. She was released by the Dream on May 12, 2014. On June 11, 2014 Prahalis signed with the Los Angeles Sparks. She was released by the Sparks six days later.
Prahalis signed a one-year contract with the Romanian squad ACS Sepsi SIC in Sfântu Gheorghe for the 2013-14 season. As of February 2014, she leads all scorers in the Romanian women's basketball league in points per game.
Coach Samantha Present day Sam is currently leading as a Head Coach at Ward Melville for girls basketball team. The team she coaches is called the Melville Patriots and they practice basketball inside the Melville Gym.
At one basketball game the High School’s Referee ejected her from the game because of her intensity! Read this recent direct quote from Coach Samantha Prahalis. “I think I am super passionate about it, and I think I come of mean sometimes. If I am hard on them, I gotta lighten up some days.”[Long Island Hub 1]
- Prahalis, Samantha. "Coach Sammy". www.longislandhub.com/samantha-prahalis. Marty Orient. Retrieved September 28, 2019.
- "Prospect: Samantha Prahalis". WNBA.com. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "Scout.com: Samantha Prahalis Profile". Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "Samantha Prahalis Profile — OhioStateBuckeyes.com — The Official Athletic site of The Ohio State University". Archived from the original on May 11, 2012. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "USA Women's U18 National Team Rolls Through FIBA Americas Championship Undefeated With 81-37 Victory Over Host Argentina". USA Basketball. July 27, 2008. Archived from the original on January 3, 2010. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- "United States". USA Basketball. July 27, 2008. Archived from the original on June 8, 2011. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- "U19 World's Championship for women Thailand". FIBA. Archived from the original on October 13, 2013. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- "USA U19 Women Golden With 87-71 Victory Over Spain". USA Basketball. August 2, 2009. Archived from the original on January 3, 2010. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- "Women's Basketball Player stats". NCAA. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- "Phoenix Mercury waive Samantha Prahalis". July 18, 2013.
- "LIBERTY: NEW YORK LIBERTY SIGN FREE AGENT SAMANTHA PRAHALIS". www.wnba.com.
- Atlanta Dream waives Cassie Harberts, Jhasmin Player and Samantha Prahalis
- "SPARKS SIGN GUARD SAMANTHA PRAHALIS".
- Los Angeles Sparks waives Samantha Prahalis, signs Darxia Morris Archived June 26, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- "Sepsi-SIC a adus o jucătoare din WNBA". Retrieved February 21, 2014.[permanent dead link]