Sarah Curtis (geographer)
Sarah Elizabeth Curtis, geographer and academic, specialising in health geography. From 2006 to 2016, she was Professor of Health and Risk at Durham University; she is now Professor Emeritus. A graduate of St Hilda's College, Oxford, she was Director of the Institute of Hazard Risk and Resilience at Durham between 2012 and 2016. She previously researched and taught at the University of Kent and at Queen Mary, University of London.is a British
In 2014, Curtis was elected a Fellow of the British Academy (FBA), the United Kingdom's national academy for the humanities and social sciences. She is also a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS), and a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (FRGS).
- Curtis, Sarah (1989). The Geography of Public Welfare Provision. Abingdon: Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-03472-2.
- Curtis, Sarah; Taket, Ann (1996). Health and Societies: Changing Perspectives. London: Arnold. ISBN 978-0-340-62513-2.
- Boyle, Paul; Curtis, Sarah; Graham, Elspeth; Moore, Eric, eds. (2003). The Geography of Health Inequalities in the Developed World: Views from Britain and North America. Aldershot: Ashgate. ISBN 978-0754613985.
- Curtis, Sarah (2004). Health and Inequality: Geographical Perspectives. London: SAGE Publications. ISBN 978-0-7619-6823-8.
- Curtis, Sarah (2010). Space, Place and Mental Health. Farnham: Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. ISBN 978-0-7546-7331-6.
- "Curtis, Prof. Sarah Elizabeth". Who's Who 2018. Oxford University Press. 1 December 2017. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.U262174. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- St Hilda's College Chronicle 2014-2016. p. 12.
- 'CURTIS, Prof. Sarah Elizabeth', Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2016; online edn, Nov 2016 accessed 8 Oct 2017
- "Professor Sarah E. Curtis, BA (Hons) (Oxon), DPhil, FBA, FAcSS, FRGS". Department of Geography. Durham University. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Prof Sarah Curtis, Professor of Health Risks, Director of the Institute of Hazard Risk and Resilience, Durham University". Institute for Risk & Disaster Reduction. University College London. 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Professor Sarah Curtis". The British Academy. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Fellows - C". Academy of Social Sciences. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
|This biographical article about a geographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|