A. Scott Frank
March 10, 1960
|Education||University of California, Santa Barbara|
|Occupation||Screenwriter, film director, author|
|Awards||National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Screenplay (1998)|
Saturn Award for Best Writing (2002)
A. Scott Frank (born March 10, 1960) is an American screenwriter, film director, and author. He has earned two Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay nominations, for Out of Sight (1998) and Logan (2017).
Early life and education
Along with The Lookout, Mr. Frank’s other screenplays include Little Man Tate, Dead Again, Malice, Heaven's Prisoners, Get Shorty, Out of Sight, Minority Report, The Interpreter, Marley & Me, The Wolverine and A Walk Among the Tombstones (which he also directed).
Out of Sight, nominated for an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay, won the Writers Guild of America Award for Best Adapted Screenplay, the Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America as well as Best Screenplay awards from the National Society of Film Critics and the Boston Society of Film Critics.
Minority Report won the Saturn Award for Best Science Fiction Screenplay. Get Shorty was nominated for both a Golden Globe and a Writers Guild Award for Best Adapted Screenplay and, as was Dead Again, was nominated for an Edgar Award for Best Mystery Screenplay.
|1988||Plain Clothes||Martha Coolidge|
|1991||Dead Again||Kenneth Branagh|
|Little Man Tate||Jodie Foster|
|The Walter Ego||John Putch||Short|
|1995||Get Shorty||Barry Sonnenfeld||Nominated- Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay|
|1996||Heaven's Prisoners||Phil Joanou|
|1998||Out of Sight||Steven Soderbergh||Nominated- Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay|
|2002||Minority Report||Steven Spielberg||Saturn Award for Best Writing|
|2004||Flight of the Phoenix||John Moore|
|2005||The Interpreter||Sydney Pollack|
|2007||The Lookout||Himself||Directorial Debut|
|2008||Marley & Me||David Frankel|
|2013||The Wolverine||James Mangold|
|2014||A Walk Among the Tombstones||Himself|
|2017||Logan||James Mangold||Nominated- Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay|
Nominated- Saturn Award for Best Writing
|1988||The Wonder Years||Episode: "The Phone Call"|
|1993||Fallen Angels||Episode: "Dead End for Delia"|
|2004||Karen Sisco||Episode: "He Was a Friend of Mine"|
|2011||Shameless||Also director, episode: "It's Time to Kill the Turtle"|
|2017||Godless||Also creator, executive producer and director|
- Bloom, Nate (March 6, 2018). "Anton Yelchin's final role lands in 'Thoroughbreds'; Appatow's 'Love' returns". The Jewish News of Northern California.
- "Scott Frank biography". The New York Times. New York City, New York. Retrieved March 13, 2015.
- "Scott Frank bio". Penguin Random House. University of California, Santa Barbara. Retrieved March 13, 2015.
- Bazer, Mark (March 25, 2007). "Screenwriter Frank takes action After years spent creating scripts, he's directing". The Boston Globe. Boston, Massachusetts. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved March 16, 2015 – via HighBeam Research.
- "Shaker". Penguin Random House. Retrieved February 18, 2016.