Scott Lipps (politician)
|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives from the 62nd District|
|Assumed office |
January 3, 2017
|Preceded by||Ron Maag|
|Alma mater||College of Wooster (B.A.)|
DePaul University (M.A.)
P. Scott Lipps is the state representative for the 62nd District of the Ohio House of Representatives. He is a Republican. The district consists of Franklin and Springboro as well as the eastern and southern townships of Warren County.
Life and career
A small businessman, Lipps opened Sleep Tite Mattress Factory & Showroom, in Franklin, in 1990. In 2000, Lipps was elected to the Franklin City Council, where he would serve for sixteen years, including two terms as Mayor of Franklin. He is also involved in a number of philanthropic and local organizations, including the Rotary and Chamber of Commerce.
Ohio House of Representatives
After serving in local office for over sixteen years, Lipps decided to seek an open seat in the Ohio House of Representatives in 2016. The seat became vacant when Representative Ron Maag was term-limited after four terms. However, he had a competitive Republican primary, winning by just 398 votes over Steve Muterspaw.
In a safely Republican district, Lipps won the 2018 general election over Democrat Jim Stanton 74% to 26%
- "Three Republicans running for 62nd District state rep race". Retrieved 2017-01-12.
- "Election 2016: Rezabek defeats Sparks, returns to State House". Retrieved 2017-01-12.
- "Warren County election results". Retrieved 2017-01-12.
- "Ohio's nastiest primary: Twitter wars, real estate debt and a liquor cabinet". Retrieved 2017-01-12.
- "Debate over displaying political signs on public property". Retrieved 2017-01-12.
- "Our Campaigns - OH State House 62 Race - Nov 08, 2016". Retrieved 2017-01-12.
| Ohio House of Representatives, 62nd District