|No. 83 – Philadelphia Eagles|
|Born:||March 20, 1995|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||191 lb (87 kg)|
|High school:||Cleveland Heights|
(Cleveland Heights, Ohio)
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 5 / Pick: 166|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
Shelton DeAndre Gibson (born March 20, 1995) is an American football wide receiver for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Eagles in the fifth round of the 2017 NFL Draft. He played college football at West Virginia.
Gibson was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the fifth round, 166th overall, in the 2017 NFL Draft. He finished his rookie year with 11 receiving yards. The Eagles finished with a 13-3 record, clinching the NFC East division, and eventually made it to Super Bowl LII, where they would win their first Super Bowl after defeating the New England Patriots, 41-33.
In the 2018 season opener against the Atlanta Falcons, Gibson handled some kick return duties for the first time in his professional career. In the 18–12 victory, he had two kick returns for 43 net yards. He was waived/injured on August 12, 2019, and was subsequently placed on injured reserve after clearing waivers on August 13. He was waived from injured reserve with an injury settlement on August 21.
Philadelphia Eagles (second stint)
Gibson was signed off of the Browns' practice squad to the Philadelphia Eagles' active roster on January 1, 2020 ahead of the Eagles' wild card playoff match up against the Seattle Seahawks. He was targeted once, drawing a pass interference penalty
- "Wissahickon grad Kpassagnon getting bigger, better at Villanova".
- "Cleveland Heights WR Shelton Gibson picks West Virginia: National Signing Day 2013 (video)".
- Writer, David Statman, Sports. "Gibson forgoes senior year, declares for NFL Draft".
- Smith, Alex (April 29, 2017). "Gibson Another WR Talent For The Eagles". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- "Philadelphia Eagles win Super Bowl LII". NFL. Retrieved February 4, 2018.
- "Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles - September 6th, 2018". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- Bouda, Nate (August 21, 2019). "Eagles Waive WR Shelton Gibson From IR With Settlement". NFLTradeRumors.co. Retrieved August 21, 2019.
- "Browns announce nine additions to practice squad". ClevelandBrowns.com. September 1, 2019.
- "Eagles welcome back WR Shelton Gibson". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. January 1, 2020.