Shreveport Rafters FC
|Full name||Shreveport Rafters Futbol Club|
|Head Coach||Greg Palmer|
|League||National Premier Soccer League|
Shreveport Rafters FC is a soccer team based in Shreveport, Louisiana. Founded in 2016, the team plays in the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL), a national semi-professional league at the fourth tier of the American Soccer Pyramid, in the Lonestar Conference. The team plays its home games at Independence Stadium. The team's colors are blue, white, and yellow, based on the city's flag.
In 2015, Shreveport-based brothers announced they would be bringing the first professional soccer team in the history of the city. The team is named for the infamous Great Raft log jam which clogged the Red and Atchafalaya Rivers from the 1100s to early 1900s.
Rafters FC played their inaugural season in 2016, garnering an 8–7–3 record.
Rafters FC debuted a customized jersey that became a viral sensation in soccer media as it featured a printed seersucker jacket and pink bowtie.
Rafters FC currently play their home matches at Independence Stadium. They previously played at Graf Orthodontics Field at Messmer Stadium, a local stadium used primarily for high school sporting events and community events. Max capacity of the stadium is estimated at 3,500 with the Rafters averaging 2,000–3,000 in attendance each match for the 2016 season.
|Year||Conference||League||Regular Season||Avg. Attendance||Playoffs||Open Cup|
|2016||South Central||NPSL||7th, 8–7–3||2,000–3,000||Divisional Semifinals||Did not qualify|
As of October 23, 2016.
- Head Coach Phil Bohn (2018–present)
- Head Coach Greg Palmer (2016–2018)
- Assistant Head Coach Emmett Rutkowski (2016–present)
- Assistant Coach, Opposition Analysis Robert Stults (2016–present)
- Assistant Coach, Goalkeeping Colt Reichl (2016–present)
- Assistant Coach, Sports Science Ian Coyer (2016–present)
- Assistant Coach, Sports Science Scott LeBlanc (2016–present)
- Assistant Coach, Sports Science Todd Zachary (2016–present)
Lady Rafters FC
In July 2016, the Rafters announced they would be fielding a Women's Premier Soccer League team, the Shreveport Lady Rafters FC, starting in 2017. The team will be coached by Northern Ireland native Ryan McConville.
- "Rafters FC FAQ's". Retrieved October 23, 2016.
- Lyon, Chris (17 October 2015). "Shreveport to Field First Semi-Professional Soccer Team Since the 90s".
- "Inaugural season success sets bar higher for Rafters". Retrieved October 23, 2016.
- Mustard, Extra. "Soccer team unveils seersucker jerseys".
- "Rafters unveil jerseys, announce plans for new stadium".
- "Rafters F.C. – Shreveport/Bossier's NPSL Soccer Team! » Staff".
- "Shreveport Rafters get new coach". shreveporttimes.com. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "Rafters F.C. – Shreveport/Bossier's NPSL Soccer Team! » Greg Palmer".
- "Rafters F.C. – Shreveport/Bossier's NPSL Soccer Team! » Emmett Rutkowski".
- "Rafters F.C. – Shreveport/Bossier's NPSL Soccer Team! » Robert Stults".
- "Rafters F.C. – Shreveport/Bossier's NPSL Soccer Team! » Colt Reichl".
- "Rafters F.C. – Shreveport/Bossier's NPSL Soccer Team! » Ian Coyer".
- "Rafters F.C. – Shreveport/Bossier's NPSL Soccer Team! » Scott LeBlanc".
- "Rafters F.C. – Shreveport/Bossier's NPSL Soccer Team! » Todd Zachary".
- "Northern Ireland native to coach Lady Rafters". Retrieved October 23, 2016.
- "Rafters Reserves Announce Coach, Schedule and Tryouts". Retrieved October 30, 2016.
-  (Official website)