Sieneke in Oslo (2010)
|Birth name||Sieneke Ashley Kristel Peeters|
|Born||1 April 1992|
In 2010, Sieneke performed in the Dutch Nationaal Songfestival 2010 for the Eurovision Song Contest 2010, with all participants performing their own version of the song "Ik ben verliefd (Sha-la-lie)". The Dutch audience was surprised that there was no public vote for this year's Songfestival; instead, the winner was selected by 3 jury members. Sieneke won with 2 points, with Pierre Kartner reluctantly giving the deciding vote. Sieneke represented the Netherlands in the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in Oslo, Norway, on May 27, but did not qualify for the final.
- Sienekes cd is klaar, nu nog wereldberoemd worden, De Gelderlander, 24 March 2007 Archived 16 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- ROC Nijmegen student Sieneke wint songfestival! Archived 2016-03-05 at the Wayback Machine ROC Nijmegen, 8 February 2010
- Grillhofer, Florian (2010-02-07). "The Netherlands send Sieneke to Eurovision". ESCToday. Archived from the original on 10 February 2010. Retrieved 7 February 2010.
- Bakker, Sietse (2010-02-07). "Sieneke to represent the Netherlands in Oslo, she did not get to the final 10 acts of the semi-final. This means that she did not make the final". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 7 February 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sieneke.|
- (in Dutch) Sieneke's website
|Awards and achievements|
| Netherlands in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "Never alone"
|This article about a Dutch singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|